Finiding a newby by himself by Turbo

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Just got home and had a great time.
We met a lone rider from Wisconsen. He watched us drop over the hill by turbo. Originally we thought he had a bud stuck and went to the bottom to have a good look if they needed help.

He showed up at Turbo and we asked if he was riding alone. He said ``yes``, Kim, Trav and myself told him to hang with us.

I took him around with our group and showed him a safe and full days ride,
Fed him cheese smokies and canned moose at the cabin at the end of the day.

He tried to give us a beer treat monies at the bottom (we declined). Stayed till he was loaded with his sled and leave as a group.

This threw him off, he thought once you were at the Boulder stageing area you were again on your own.

Not the case.

I explained to him that we pay it forward up hear in Canada.

We met lots of other groups and he was so impressed with the kindness.

Thanks to all who treated this gentleman with kindness.

Just goes to show how we work as a team on the hill and will do anything for each other.

He was impressed (his name was Fred) meeting the Thunderstruck crew and amazed at there sleds at the cabin.

Thanks fellow sledders.

HATS OFF TO ALL!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awsome job rick............... how the hell would he have gottin over by turbo by himself..... huh not a place to be alone in my mind......

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one of many examples of the goodness in most sledders.
I wonder if the press is intersted in this story... probably not. :(.. shows that we care, love the environment we ride, and are good people out enjoying life!

:)

T

mtnrev

Reaction score
Good on you Rick. We ran into Rick,Kim,Medler and if I remember correct Maierch at Griffin on Sat. Really nice people, would ride with them anytime.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on you Rick. We ran into Rick,Kim,Medler and if I remember correct Maierch at Griffin on Sat. Really nice people, would ride with them anytime.

It was nice to meet you as well. Hopefully we'll run into you and your group again someday soon!

Top Bottom