Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey Doug

We are doing a very similar cabin to this next summer. Just curious why you went with treated poles instead of sono tubes ?

We couldn't get concrete into the site without major expense for making roads. Even gravel would have been a chore as the road is dirt and the base is soft. We will have some equipment (a small track hoe, a small back-hoe, and a zoom-boom) in for about 6 weeks and I'm thinking around mid-Sept. we may have to pull the zoom-boom. The poles are sitting on a stable shale base and the site is dry so the poles should last quite awhile. After this weekend we should be in good shape.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See you Sunday FS!! Can't wait to see how things are coming along!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another great day at the cabin. A lot of little things accomplished today.

A great big thank you once again to our fine Alberta neighbours and S&M buddies for the help today. It is amazing that guys will drive 3 hours for a work party and many who live in the area have yet to show their faces on the site.

IMG_1441.jpg IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great day at the cabin. A lot of little things accomplished today.

A great big thank you once again to our fine Alberta neighbours and S&M buddies for the help today. It is amazing that guys will drive 3 hours for a work party and many who live in the area have yet to show their faces on the site.

View attachment 135158 View attachment 135159

View attachment 135160

Unfortunately Doug that is the way it works in almost every community. They are lucky to have dedicated peeps like yourself that make the time for a great project like this one. I'm hoping to get down for a day or 2 after harvest if there is still some work to do on the cabin. Keep up the good work and way to go there Alberta boys!!

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Great job to everyone involved cabin is looking awsome, its awsome to see such dedication from the local members that have been there, sad to see and hear there are not more people helping from the local area. As a member cant thank you guys enough for the dedication and hard work!!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Job up there!! cant wait for winter to try it out.

Ya I wish we were a bit closer so we could help a bit more.... good luck maybe see ya late Septmeber for some interior work, because Im out to hawaii for ten days pretty quick here!!!

FernieSnow holding the Fort down!!

FERNIE CABIN2.jpg

Attachments

• FERNIE CABIN.jpg
    FERNIE CABIN.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 289
  • FERNIE CABIN3.jpg
    FERNIE CABIN3.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 295

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

These types of efforts from snowmobilers is what makes this sport go round. Cabins are a great thing for a riding area. It also could save lives at times.....

Grassroots efforts and sweat and tears from folks is just such a great thing!!!

I will take to the powers that be at MotorFist. If we made a donation to the project, could we put a banner or something inside the new place???? Something along those lines...

I will talk to marketing about this. If you could give me an idea of what we could get away with for some MotorFist presence there I can present a story to marketing to help you guys out.

Let me know!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

These types of efforts from snowmobilers is what makes this sport go round. Cabins are a great thing for a riding area. It also could save lives at times.....

I will take to the powers that be at MotorFist. If we made a donation to the project, could we put a banner or something inside the new place???? Something along those lines...

I will talk to marketing about this. If you could give me an idea of what we could get away with for some MotorFist presence there I can present a story to marketing to help you guys out.

Let me know!!!

:) :) :)

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

Let me know!!!

Friggin' awesome mfguy! Let me think about this over the weekend and I will get back to you. Thank you very much and it will be appreciated.

Top Bottom