Fernie Snowmobile Association; emergency shelter build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another good weekend and the first of the tin! Finally a big HeeHaw..............

IMG_1471.jpg IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do you have any work for a guy with one hand ? I would come out and help as long as I don't fug my self up

Hey man, I could find you something to doo but from what I've read that doesn't mean you won't fug your self up!! I hear you can even trip over your own feet!!!!!

You are welcome anytime and there are many little things to doo. Thanks for the offer of your time, fs

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bout time you put some stairs on there isn't it? Geash...how is a guys dog supposed to get down!

Looks great Doug!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Doug so whats the future for the old Wranglers Cabin? Any idea if they are going to give the new cabin a name?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey Doug so whats the future for the old Wranglers Cabin? Any idea if they are going to give the new cabin a name?

That's two great questions Ken. The ol' Wranglers Cabin and the issues it creates is why we have a new cabin in the new location. We, the Fernie Snowmobile Assoc., do not have the lease for the land but we own the cabin. The reason we have a new cabin is due to the fact that the lease holders
wanted no additions nor renovations to the Wranglers. So the FSA moved forward and what you see is what you get sort of thing. We will do what is necessary to keep the ol' cabin functional but it is a money pit and most of the users are non-paying visitors (no memberships nor trail passes). For the present, it will be a normal operation at the Wranglers. For the future, I don't know!

As far as a name, it is presently known as the Rolling Hills cabin.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doug are you putting on the stoppers on the roof to stop the snow from sliding off or just hope it doesnt fall when someone is underneath? Seem it on some roofs

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know when and where I can help out on this :) When your ready or about to be ready for your insul and poly. Give me a couple of day's notice, and i can slam in it for you in a day. I might be able to get our company to donate the poly as well???

Heck...... use the groomer to pull me up and back down, and I could give you a deal on some 2lbs spray foam insulation.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know when and where I can help out on this :) When your ready or about to be ready for your insul and poly. Give me a couple of day's notice, and i can slam in it for you in a day. I might be able to get our company to donate the poly as well???

Heck...... use the groomer to pull me up and back down, and I could give you a deal on some 2lbs spray foam insulation.

Hey man now we're talking! I need some more information on the spray foam; we were wondering about it for the underside of the floor. Would that be an applicable application? Rodent resistant? Or doo we need to cover it with OSB or something? How about my truck to pull you up with your foam machine?

I can easily arrange the insulation/poly thingy. That should be real soon. Chimney will be on site on Monday and I'm hoping to install on Tuesday.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug are you putting on the stoppers on the roof to stop the snow from sliding off or just hope it doesnt fall when someone is underneath? Seem it on some roofs

Hahahaha..........no we aren't Glen. I would like to catch you underneath when I have a camera ready!

We will sign it but there will always be some dumbies who can't or won't read and I hope they are people who haven't bought a trail pass!!!!

The roof is an 8/12 pitch so it should avalanche quite regularly and the accumulation shouldn't be that much. but when it comes down it will pack a whollop!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey man now we're talking! I need some more information on the spray foam; we were wondering about it for the underside of the floor. Would that be an applicable application? Rodent resistant? Or doo we need to cover it with OSB or something? How about my truck to pull you up with your foam machine?

I can easily arrange the insulation/poly thingy. That should be real soon. Chimney will be on site on Monday and I'm hoping to install on Tuesday.

I spray 2lbs closed cell insul, no it isn't rodent resistant :( It is basic white styrofoam, that is purple (that does not absorb water, humidity or mold) It's an R-7 per inch with the vapor barrier throughtout. I can spray to anyting except water, so yes.... the under side of the floor would be applicable. My truck is a 2 wheel drive, 2012 Hino 195 and i'll post a pic soon.
Also it should be covered with osb, drywall,or a thermal barrior like URE-K. OSB would be the best route.

Ball park guesstimate is $1.20/sq ft/inch.
Travel time, labour, accomindations, can be negotiated :beer: :beer: :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My truck is the first one in the pic. And we think sled wraps cost $$$$ LOL. As well as a couple of misc foam pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347683961.172650.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347684011.572097.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347684109.770770.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347684152.331712.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347684193.130773.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347684222.691426.jpg

Top Bottom