Fernie conditions

mbmtnman

Reaction score
Got to Fernie just in time for a big dump of snow went up monday morning and had the best snow day in Fernie ever. However there is no grooming as of yet so the main trail in is absolutely pounded from coal creek in.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the snow on monday was the best ever ! Full sun and powder over the bars. The trail down was a killer after an extra long day of bliss.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's ok no need to apologize. There are only so many hours in a day, and grooming is not a speedie operation. It just makes you appreciate the good days, and we do FERNIESNOW.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the day at coal Creek yesterday sunny good snow trail was brutal fernie snowmobile club should really add another day to thevrooming schedule I know for a fact they can afford it

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Spent the day at coal Creek yesterday sunny good snow trail was brutal fernie snowmobile club should really add another day to thevrooming schedule I know for a fact they can afford it

Sorry for your sore butt but not really.

It isn't a matter of being able to afford it. As I said before, we are building the track for the Drag races and the SnowCat and mogul master are at another location.

If one runs a club as a business there is normally money in the bank. The grooming program/trail pass collection have to balance out at the end of the season. Did you buy a trail pass yesterday or did you ride for free?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI ..FS I think you guys do a fantastic job...volunteer I believe?!? Sometimes a suck it up princess is in order, put a smile on and enjoy that rough bounce, it is WAY better than any day spent at work :D

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
always someone. just pin it and it will be over soon. hows the snow conditions up top finally getting a chance to get out tomorrow?

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It isn't a matter of being able to afford it. As I said before, we are building the track for the Drag races and the SnowCat

and mogul master are at another location.

If one runs a club as a business there is normally money in the bank. The grooming program/trail pass collection have to balance out at the end of the season. Did you buy a trail pass yesterday or did you ride for free?

Fair enough groomers needed elsewhere but not everywhere I know it takes hard work and dedication but two days a week isn't cutting it look how some of the other clubs are grooming every seventy sleds and no one complains and memberships and revenue are up now that's what we call good bussiness

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It isn't a matter of being able to afford it. As I said before, we are building the track for the Drag races and the SnowCat and mogul master are at another location.

Well what is the excuse for not grooming last saturday night then. When we pulled up sunday morning the groomer was in the lot clearing the snow and the drag was sitting there, but trail had not been groomed, but the lady made sure to collect trail fees from everyone that pulled into the lot at coal creek that morning. Just wondering where the money went, when there had been no grooming done??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well what is the excuse for not grooming last saturday night then. When we pulled up sunday morning the groomer was in the lot clearing the snow and the drag was sitting there, but trail had not been groomed, but the lady made sure to collect trail fees from everyone that pulled into the lot at coal creek that morning. Just wondering where the money went, when there had been no grooming done??

The collected fees go into the grooming account to pay for fuel, operator's wages, trail pass vendor's wages, parts, and maintenance. We groom Friday for the weekend and Monday after the weekend and that normally keeps the trail in decent shape. Are you sure you saw the FSA SnowCat clearing snow? If it was that was because the City of Fernie didn't feel it was a priority to plow the road and the parking lot for the weekend. So the FSA did it.

IMHO, we could/should groom more than twice a week and i have been working on that concept for a couple of years now! But the bottom line is that it has to pay for itself and grooming doesn't come cheap!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to tell me the club can't aford to groom more? With the bank acount this club has you should be grooming by # of sleds up the trail not by days

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The collected fees go into the grooming account to pay for fuel, operator's wages, trail pass vendor's wages, parts, and maintenance. We groom Friday for the weekend and Monday after the weekend and that normally keeps the trail in decent shape. Are you sure you saw the FSA SnowCat clearing snow? If it was that was because the City of Fernie didn't feel it was a priority to plow the road and the parking lot for the weekend. So the FSA did it.

IMHO, we could/should groom more than twice a week and i have been working on that concept for a couple of years now! But the bottom line is that it has to pay for itself and grooming doesn't come cheap!

That's where a grooming comitee comes in handy all successful clubs have one I know there was one in place for about a day in fernie

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
It's a shame that people had to put up with a rough trail for the week due to the snow drags. Were all these trailers coming to town all week carrying highly modded race sleds and getting ready for their few second rush? Or maybe they were paying all this money to enoy the epic snow we had last week in the MOUNTAINS?

In this day and age of stock sleds that can go anywhere I'm sure there are still a few that feel the need to prove themselves or the extent of their wallet on the race track. The drags can be a great ADDITION but should not have taken away from the mountain riding experience that the 99% come here for.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Sounds to me like some people need to remember what it was like before the groomer!! And when there was no signage or mapping of the area and it was ridden daily on older rougher machines. We all still had fun and were not a bunch of whining brats.

Maybe the club could do more,maybe they cant. I am sure they are doing what they deem best for the club and area and if someone can do better become more involved with the club. If not enjoy it when things are perfect and suck it up and enjoy it when its not.

Keep up with all the good work your doing Doug and FSA.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As usual a bunch of keyboard hero's that didn't have a 100% perfect day. The club does what they feel is in the best interests for the long term viability of the club. Suck it up boys. If you want a perfect trail all the time move down east where some of those clubs have over 5000 members and don't have 2.5 inch tracks tearing up the surface everyday. Great job with the cards your dealt Fernie club!! And thanks Ferniesnow for spending late nights in a hot cab while these other guys can sit in the comfort of there home on there keyboards whining.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Sounds to me like some people need to remember what it was like before the groomer!! And when there was no signage or mapping of the area and it was ridden daily on older rougher machines. We all still had fun and were not a bunch of whining brats.

Maybe the club could do more,maybe they cant. I am sure they are doing what they deem best for the club and area and if someone can do better become more involved with the club. If not enjoy it when things are perfect and suck it up and enjoy it when its not.

Keep up with all the good work your doing Doug and FSA.

That's not the point when your charging trail fees and your club has an influx of money and tourists are getting pissed off and not coming back step up your operations the groo.mers are paid
for the work they do fernies club memberships are plumiting fix the proplem now before the clubs abolished

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As usual a bunch of keyboard hero's that didn't have a 100% perfect day. The club does what they feel is in the best interests for the long term viability of the club. Suck it up boys. If you want a perfect trail all the time move down east where some of those clubs have over 5000 members and don't have 2.5 inch tracks tearing up the surface everyday. Great job with the cards your dealt Fernie club!! And thanks Ferniesnow for spending late nights in a hot cab while these other guys can sit in the comfort of there home on there keyboards whining.

I had a great day and I'm hardly a keyboard hero mor a conecerned
sledder if its in the clubs best interest to do the bare miminum and loose memberships as a result then there doing a great job. And you don't have to go out east for nice groomed trails go to sicamous or revy where they groom almost daily to insure people are happy and as a result they're memberships are soaring who wouldve thought...

Top Bottom