Fernie conditions

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug for your info thats spot in the TREES we bumped into you last, is loaded up with more then just the 15cm it was more like a foot.

good luck

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at Morrissey yesturday. From a few spots we were at, it gave a pretty good idea of things. The easy places are tracked out. That is such a small area though its not even funny. Aside from a chilly 20 min trail ride in the morning, we had another excellent day out there.
The snow isn't what sucks out there...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at Morrissey yesturday. From a few spots we were at, it gave a pretty good idea of things. The easy places are tracked out. That is such a small area though its not even funny. Aside from a chilly 20 min trail ride in the morning, we had another excellent day out there.

We tried to stage there but it was blocked off and we were told the road is out.
Trail at Coal Creek was pretty nice.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what does "the snow isn't what sucks out there" mean?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

I believe it is a reference to peoples opinions about Fernie. There are only a few trails into a good sized riding area that people do not explore. We hear "it was hard, wind blown and tracked up" all the time when there is lots of good snow left to be found.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
We tried to stage there but it was blocked off and we were told the road is out.
Trail at Coal Creek was pretty nice.

LOL. The CP guys gave us a bit of a dirty look. They had not really even started when we got there. That would explain why there were only 6 or 7 rigs between the main stage and rock pit just up the road.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It means that some peoples attitude sucks. I enjoy snowmobiling too much to only ride on blue bird days in fresh powder. If people only knew how close some of the best riding is... but instead most just put there blinders on and pin'r to the Notch.
I guess thats not necessarily a bad thing though, as it saves the good stuff for the rest of us.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree lots of people pin'r to the notch and do miss out on lots of good riding. lots of good riding in the notch to be had, but lots of other area's too!
It means that some peoples attitude sucks. I enjoy snowmobiling too much to only ride on blue bird days in fresh powder. If people only knew how close some of the best riding is... but instead most just put there blinders on and pin'r to the Notch.
I guess thats not necessarily a bad thing though, as it saves the good stuff for the rest of us.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were up an area I like to call "Mini Revy" up in the lodgepole area (cant tell actual name or everyone will be there) and it was real good for the snow we had but only good in the tight trees so if you hated tight trees you didn't have fun with us on the weekend haha. but awesome snow back there there were some tree pulls that the 860 was working hard to make it up so definitely not hero snow all over.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were up an area I like to call "Mini Revy" up in the lodgepole area (cant tell actual name or everyone will be there) and it was real good for the snow we had but only good in the tight trees so if you hated tight trees you didn't have fun with us on the weekend haha. but awesome snow back there there were some tree pulls that the 860 was working hard to make it up so definitely not hero snow all over.

I know where your mini revy is located!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be in Fernie this weekend, riding on the Saturday (8th). Was planning on hitting it up last weekend, but all my riding buddies bailed last minute and left me hanging, so I didn't even make the drive (was planning on just coming out for the day). I booked into the PPL so I'm going to be there this weekend. Not sure who I have in the way of riding buddies this weekend, but if anyone else is there and wants to ride, or just shoot some $hit around lunch, let me know.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe a wet, warm low pressure will build on the left coast and push this chit out. We are due for a "pineapple express"...................:dance:

Yes, the harder/tighter trees are nice and all the easy stuff is rode hard. Going to be cold all week (below -20 most nights and highs in the -15 to -13 range)........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great snow two hrs south of you Doug.... Hungry horse

Maybe a wet, warm low pressure will build on the left coast and push this chit out. We are due for a "pineapple express"...................:dance:

Yes, the harder/tighter trees are nice and all the easy stuff is rode hard. Going to be cold all week (below -20 most nights and highs in the -15 to -13 range)........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great snow two hrs south of you Doug.... Hungry horse

There is still good tree riding east and south of Fernie Fred. They are not huge areas, but good just the same. That storm last week dumped more snow south and I noticed that as I was driving back from Calgary and looking at the snow reports on the area ski hills (Fernie, Castle, Kimberly, and Whitefish).

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Thursday, we went to ten lakes, but soon found that they had less than a foot, and very fast going down hill because of ice snow ...more snow in fortine than at the boarder, so then we went to hungry horse

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The things you figure out when you're bored! The BC River Forecast Center snowpillow graphs have a link to near real time temperatures at the snow pillow stations. :specool:

Just click where I have the red arrow pointing. Not sure what they're using for a timebase though. Seems to be a few hours ahead of us. :confused:

morrisey.jpg

Top Bottom