Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How's the snow down Fernie way?
You know Rowdy, you are opening this up for a cheeky answer, eh! Isn't all snow white unless it is yellow, soft unless it is hard, fluffy unless it is melted.....
We beat it all flat Saturday.
It was already flat unless you were in the hidden bushes.....

In all seriousness, it is ridden out hard. Particularly, the areas that are visible to most of the riders. The bush/trees still has untracked but it is pretty much hero snow. There are some creek drainages that people don't find that are sweet like in JoHNI_T's last video. And to top it off the trail is brutal but we should be on that tonight with any luck.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know Rowdy, you are opening this up for a cheeky answer, eh! Isn't all snow white unless it is yellow, soft unless it is hard, fluffy unless it is melted.....

It was already flat unless you were in the hidden bushes.....

Never saw anyone all day other than coming in and going past the cabin on the way out.

We were actually surprised at the good snow we found. It made the trail in worth while.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had 5 lady's out today and we were in surprisingly good snow. Truth is if you know what the wind has been doing and know the spots to go looking you can find great snow a month after it snows.

I've got friends that drive 10 hours to ride here and the snow is good enough that I would say its still worth them coming out.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh. So I should load the truck soon, was kind of waiting to see how Doug's dance was going to work, no offence Doug but we might have to pool our cash and get you some dance lessons. I will fill the truck with praire snow and bring it out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We had 5 lady's out today and we were in surprisingly good snow. Truth is if you know what the wind has been doing and know the spots to go looking you can find great snow a month after it snows.

I've got friends that drive 10 hours to ride here and the snow is good enough that I would say its still worth them coming out.

I totally agree with Weirboondocking on this one. It is just that sooo many people stay on the beaten path and don't look and then the comments....."the snow sucks". We were in fresh all day on Friday other than on the trail on the way in. Some of the fresh was great and some was sun baked. There were places that were over the hood......but that is hard to find for those who don't know the area that well.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Weirboondocking on this one. It is just that sooo many people stay on the beaten path and don't look and then the comments....."the snow sucks". We were in fresh all day on Friday other than on the trail on the way in. Some of the fresh was great and some was sun baked. There were places that were over the hood......but that is hard to find for those who don't know the area that well.

When I was out a few weeks back everyone in the parking lot was complaining about the snow, buddy and myself found piles of deep snow when we went exploring. People are lazy it seems when it comes to finding snow.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feb 9, 2013 there are other pics but this is all I am posting incase someone can identify the hidden area we were in

SAM_0541.jpg

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i for one chase the storms with a schedule thats as flexible as you want and funds you shouldnt have to "look" hard for it this year the systems are few and far between some of us have been spoiled with so many blower days that the searching for wind effected snow just dosnt hack it

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say I'm a spoiled rider... I get 4000-6000 km a year and I almost never ride where there is tracks. yes It is often better after a huge dump, but any day you dont ride because the snow isn't good enough for you is a day you wont get on the snow that you could have had...

Also some of my most memorable rides have been weeks after the last good dump, in places that we would never have gotten to a few years back... sleds have came a long way. or any of our July rides.

anyways my point is go get what snow you can before it melts

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say I'm a spoiled rider... I get 4000-6000 km a year and I almost never ride where there is tracks. yes It is often better after a huge dump, but any day you dont ride because the snow isn't good enough for you is a day you wont get on the snow that you could have had...

Also some of my most memorable rides have been weeks after the last good dump, in places that we would never have gotten to a few years back... sleds have came a long way. or any of our July rides.

anyways my point is go get what snow you can before it melts

you know thats a very good point mayby im just getting cranky been driving west and sout evryweek since november first and it just dosnt seem as good as previous years but hey i know i count the days when fall comes till go time and we cant help the weather cheers!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forcast.jpg

the #1 zone should give us a fair amount of snow and depending on the system #1 and how it stalls on land (meaning BC) the #2 system could be pretty good as well and for a longer period but YES!!!! there is snow coming...... next week and into the weekend
About time i think:d

Last edited:
Top Bottom