fellow sledders

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if a guy is being a jackass the hole way up the hill gettin stuck however many times n probably already been told by his riding partners to use ur brain,n stop fn around,then i to would not help. I've got a buddy like this,1st,2nd,3rd time is fine but from then on i will do donuts around u the hole time, u r stuck.That is also considerd helpin cause i'm beating a path for him to get out...If u dont like diggin ur self out ,then dont get stuck....that there is easy math

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will always stop and help some one thats alone or i can tell needs help getting unstuck. But the worst is when you go and help them and they just sit their and watch you dig out their sled

There is a guy in my group like this.. I gave up on helping him by the second day.. Hafta learn somehow I guess.. Call it tough love lol

Sent from a phone likely at work

ren

Reaction score
lol ... there is a minimum of 15-20 min dig time before I go help out a buddy .. otherwise they will never learn the value of "not getting stuck in the first place" During that period I usually crack a beer and instruct them to dig better

Hmmm...I'll have to remember that next time I have to play lumberjack for you....again!!! hehehe..;)

powerclaw

Reaction score
I always help people. 2 or 3 people can get a sled out usually in a couple minutes versus one guy taking 45 getting a path stomped out and a good run at it. Seriously folks if you see a person by himself and he needs help how much skin off your back is it to go and pull a ski for a few minutes. Often you get to chatting and you find out you have a fair amount in common or know the same people.

Having said that when someone is stuck on a hill or in a dangerous spot he is on his own.

Man oh man I can't believe how callous the comments are on here. Either I am a really really nice guy you or some of the people on here are just aholes.

Crazy in my mind that a group pf guys would watch a person getting himslef out and not go help. Of course I am a small town guy and maybe I am just NAIVE.

Anyway if you see a guy on a yellow REV in the Kootenays offering to help you out of the goodness of his heart it is probably me. If you see a guy on a yellow REV stuck up to his handlebars in need of a pull maybe help me out cause I would do the same.

Just sayin..........
now you are excactly the kind of person we need more of on the hills!!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so were u ridin like a jack ass?

Tell the hole story bruno..... You ditch bang most of the time and and this was your first ride of the year. So this early in the season it is hard going lots of powder (bottem less) snow and you come up with a 153???????
You went to climina and were stuck on the trail on the way to the cabin.....come on. How many times were you stuck before they said your on your own ???? The said other group was my buddy Cal (treedragon) and I have ridden with him for 5 years and he will stop and help anyone anytime, but at some piont if you keep getting stuck from lack of exp or a bad decision ALL DAY than ya your on your own. We all pay alot of money to ride the mountains and time is short. Cal is a vary good rider and a good guy You were just out of your league. Sorry but I wont have my buddys slammed for not digging your ass out all day.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were riding luciele this weekend and on our way out we stopped by the cabin and a group of guys asked us if we could help them get some sleds out and if we did there would be supper and drinks involved so we checked it out. they had dropped way down to the left of the cabin and were stuck bad like half a km down a few of us walked down got both sleds un stuck then i drove them both out witch wasnt an easy job well needless to say it'll probably be the last time i go out of my way for some one like that took us well over an hour to get them out and never got hardly so much as a thank you what a waste of fricken time my 2 cents

Last edited:

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where were YOUR buddies, crips if i helped dig out everyone I've came across that was stuck whose buddies were somewhere else, my back would have been toast years ago. but i always stop and help stuck ladies who fall behind or get separated from there helpfull group.

AND we totally THANK you for it, don't we ladies! :)

Relic

Reaction score
Ihave to agree back in the day lets say 32 yearsago when i started sleeding in the mountains it was a diff time. The old guys on here will agree with me. WE were like one big family and had a great time meeting new freinds. Now they just ride by you and are smartass.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New riding partners?? lol awesome that you do that :)

I always help people. 2 or 3 people can get a sled out usually in a couple minutes versus one guy taking 45 getting a path stomped out and a good run at it. Seriously folks if you see a person by himself and he needs help how much skin off your back is it to go and pull a ski for a few minutes. Often you get to chatting and you find out you have a fair amount in common or know the same people.

Having said that when someone is stuck on a hill or in a dangerous spot he is on his own.

Man oh man I can't believe how callous the comments are on here. Either I am a really really nice guy you or some of the people on here are just aholes.

Crazy in my mind that a group pf guys would watch a person getting himslef out and not go help. Of course I am a small town guy and maybe I am just NAIVE.

Anyway if you see a guy on a yellow REV in the Kootenays offering to help you out of the goodness of his heart it is probably me. If you see a guy on a yellow REV stuck up to his handlebars in need of a pull maybe help me out cause I would do the same.

Just sayin..........

powerclaw

Reaction score
Ihave to agree back in the day lets say 32 yearsago when i started sleeding in the mountains it was a diff time. The old guys on here will agree with me. WE were like one big family and had a great time meeting new freinds. Now they just ride by you and are smartass.
agree 110% with you

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
" i guess some people dont have a shred of moral fiber in their body and this almost seems to be a growing trend." powerclaw . the growing trend to day poweclaw is people not takeing responsibility for their actions ,hopeing some one else will take care of them when they get into the shiiit . A stuck is way diff. then a break down ! Just chalk your stuck up as a learning lesson on how to ride better in the snow conditions you where in ! When you start you Sled edicate book ,1st chapter should be on not Whining !

funny that this is what is said to this person about having a shred of moral fibre in their body.........just sayin

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stop and help people, most of the time just a tug on the ski gets the person out. But when it's just the person bye them selves it's a big job. And like someone else said karma is a b!tch! And I want her to like me.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way, it didn't cost you a dime to find out you don't want to sled with them in the future. Write 'em off and try a different group. I've been out $$ to find this out in the past. If your not going to give each other a hand, what's the point of riding together.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so were u ridin like a jack ass?

So power claw, were you being a DB or not? This thread keeps going, but it sounds like there is more to the story.

I can't imagine a site vendor would come on here to call a spade a spade if thEre was not some truth to it???????

Last edited:
Top Bottom