Favorite toys from the past

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Digging thru the storage room I found a favorite toy from the past, I received this in 1962 for Christmas. Any other cool toys out there from the past. This was made in Canada by the Dominion Toy company.

Attachments

• !cid_IMG_29751.jpg
    !cid_IMG_29751.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 403

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Digging thru the storage room I found a favorite toy from the past, I received this in 1962 for Christmas. Any other cool toys out there from the past. This was made in Canada by the Dominion Toy company.
For Sale

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man...if a person new then what they know now...so many toys or collector cards would have survived. Use to have lots of star wars stuff, gi-joe, evil knievel, stretch armstrong...exc. shoe box full of hockey and star wars cards.....all gone.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I got the video game of ' Pong' when we were kids. Wish we would have hung on to it, might be worth a few bucks today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little older quick story.....yikes! Anyways I am old , grew up in the last few years of the true "muscle car " era....so I ended up with a 69 camaro SS. All stock 396 , 4 spd,rally package....and of course as new(mint)...! Rather priceless today.
Well as young people tend to do occasionally I made rather poor hasty decision....lol

Traded it for a 72 international 4x4 truck ,PLUS $$$$.....seriously ! Well you see the muscle car era was fading fast, and you simply had to have a 4x4 of some sort....lmfao.
I will say that the truck was a lot of fun and provided hours of research about the young ladies of that time in my life.... So all was not last. Not to mention the incredible burn outs at the A&W in Duncan BC back then. Of course 4 low with the hubs in free wheel does that.....lol

I learned a lot about life in that simple transaction, stretched over a long period of time .....thanks to a few of my more memorable TOYS of the day.....cheers, happy new year!!

Last edited:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was watchin pawn stars had the same thought's about my toys

all gone/wrecked

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H
had one of these mini steam engines, I would saw Popsicle sticks for hours, these days you would go to jail giving that to 10 year old! I would spend all day chopping Popsicle sticks and glueing them together. Ran off tiny white solid fuel sticks.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a similar one when I grew up except it said heinz ketchup. Both rear doors swing open with a catch in the middle. Thanks for posting that as it brings back memories from almost 50 years ago.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dd9b137e4bfcddf30a45351f65d3c45b.jpg

I took this thing apart it never worked after that, it went forward and reverse

50 years ago or close to it

Last edited:

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toys from times past are so cool, but now a days people give there kids iPads, like what the h*ll?

Top Bottom