Favorite toys from the past

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tonka trucks and Ertl tractors in my sandbox.

Tonka-Image1.jpg

up99_20-_20tbe45463__1_2048x2048.jpg

My folks are getting ready to move so they've been sending all this stuff back with me. Found some old wooden cars and trucks too that are really cool.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember my brother and I wanted one of these so badly but contrary to todays world we had to wait for Christmas or our birthday to get it……. which we finally did. Hrs of fun!

3570162-smashupderby1.0.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can't tell me that they are still in the condition pictured
above.

I think I have some restoration work to do. Missing lots of tires on the tractors lol.

I remember my brother and I wanted one of these so badly but contrary to todays world we had to wait for Christmas or our birthday to get it……. which we finally did. Hrs of fun!

View attachment 193085

Those look super cool! I used to just build lego cars/trucks and smash them into the fireplace hearth.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they were a hoot! We also played LOTS with lego blocks. We used to make space ships and fly them around (not kits but our own).

I think I have some restoration work to do. Missing lots of tires on the tractors lol.

Those look super cool! I used to just build lego cars/trucks and smash them into the fireplace hearth.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i think i have some restoration work to do. Missing lots of tires on the tractors lol.

we had a whole set of these... I think there was 4 different cars and parts interchangeable :)

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one of these cork guns for about a day in 1960. Figured out I could fire a nail set out of it, and shot the Lone Ranger on the first TV we ever owned. Dad welded it shut after that. Damn he was a patient man! :D

daisy cork gun 2.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved those snap together electric race car tracks. I still got it but one lane don't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were there last Aug but must have missed this. When we were younger living overseas we would go to the roof of our apartment and make paper planes from newspapers and throw them from the 25th floor. Our fun was always stopped by an adult telling us to clean up the mess on the road as we had paper planes all over the place LOL.

I was just in Astonia Oregon and there's a look out tower there and you buy those same planes and throw them off the balcony. I think it was 50 meters high. It was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an RC plane made from styrofoam and powered by batteries. Flies awesome but crash landings are devastating :cool:

We had these in the 90's too but they were styrofoam and only provided minutes of entertainment before folding up lol.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I had gas powered airplanes, no remotes back then. 2 strings tied to them and you held onto string spool/handle and you could only fly them in a circle, more string, bigger circle. After a couple of minutes you couldn't stand up anymore cause you were standing going in circles. Pull on one string, up you go, pull on the other string down you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that brings back some memories of crazy dizziness LOL.

My brother and I had gas powered airplanes, no remotes back then. 2 strings tied to them and you held onto string spool/handle and you could only fly them in a circle, more string, bigger circle. After a couple of minutes you couldn't stand up anymore cause you were standing going in circles. Pull on one string, up you go, pull on the other string down you go.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dizzy enough to wander so my plane smashed into a fire hydrate

Top Bottom