Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeding peas on canola stubble. Not one single weed on this half section.
f99d70663f7689982ffa513f2cebca20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its crazy how much sooner you start out there compared to here. Still snowbanks in the treelines here.
Yeah I heard lots of snow in the fields this year. Last year I was on my way to Revelstoke on march 11 and saw a guy seeding. Had some weird electrical glitch with the drill so didn't get much done the first couple days. Disc drill pulls pretty hard seeding deep and on a hill.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a bill that passed in the house that exempts farm fuel from the federal carbon tax increases. It was a Conservative motion and was voted in favor from all parties except the Liberals. Tell all your friends in case you have a liberal hiding in a haystack.
Ken I understand that natural gas costs for agricultural shops and barns are exempt from the carbon tax. Have you seen a how this is allocated if you have one meter. If you have a link or information on this I would appreciate in info you have.
Thank You

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken I understand that natural gas costs for agricultural shops and barns are exempt from the carbon tax. Have you seen a how this is allocated if you have one meter. If you have a link or information on this I would appreciate in info you have.
Thank You
I believe the exemption is only allowed for greenhouses whereby 80% of the consumption is exempt from the carbon tax. All other farming activity pays the full carbon tax.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little shower this morning, about 1/3 done seeding. Our drill that was built last year has every single fertilizer main hose wearing out already. They only have about 1200-1400 acres on them and I'm running around with my roll of duct tape. I guess they sourced some really cheap hose and other guys are complaining too. Sounds like they're going to warranty it but now isn't the time to be replacing hoses on a nearly new drill.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little shower this morning, about 1/3 done seeding. Our drill that was built last year has every single fertilizer main hose wearing out already. They only have about 1200-1400 acres on them and I'm running around with my roll of duct tape. I guess they sourced some really cheap hose and other guys are complaining too. Sounds like they're going to warranty it but now isn't the time to be replacing hoses on a nearly new drill.
Sounds like the never ending battle of hydraulic hoses leaking a blowing on the new drills in the past few years... material made by the lowest bidder.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a update on my drill today had no choice or it wouldnt let me link to the drill well now my nh3 is not recognized the joys of modern farming

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hose isn’t the same quality even the good stuff also fertilizer is a bit sharper as to round which really wears
I’m going to jinx myself here but our 15’ Deere still has original hoses between cart and drill - they are getting hard/ brittle but resisting changing We have spread a good jag of urea ahead of drills last few yrs so that helps wear too.

One day we will join the paralink and big tank crowd

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigtime fall was right around 1 dollar then it went to 1.10 in december to prepurchase then to .95 in jan then after everyone bought it dropped to under .80 cents a pound late feb

Did nh3 price drop from fall pricing?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We store the drill inside lucky enough to have enough storage hoses of everykind last so much longer now

Hose isn’t the same quality even the good stuff also fertilizer is a bit sharper as to round which really wears
I’m going to jinx myself here but our 15’ Deere still has original hoses between cart and drill - they are getting hard/ brittle but resisting changing We have spread a good jag of urea ahead of drills last few yrs so that helps wear too.

One day we will join the paralink and big tank crowd

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were supposed to get water this weekend. Apparently a blowout in the canal and no water coming for a while. One guy said 2-3 weeks and another said 1-2 months. This is really bad.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were supposed to get water this weekend. Apparently a blowout in the canal and no water coming for a while. One guy said 2-3 weeks and another said 1-2 months. This is really bad.

Fingers crossed for a speedy repair for you guys.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy….

What’s your irrigation district there?

Top Bottom