Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3aa9ae3632aea47e709bce641a5dc699.jpg

Peas are coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright you smart Farmer people! We have installed a Hinson cab on a JD 3130. It came with a heater and we have plumbed it in. My question is, how do you get the coolant from the rad up to the heater (roof)? We do have the hoses hooked up from the block, to the heater and back to the block. I warmed up the tractor to operating temp, felt the rad hose and I can feel the pump doing its job. But when I touch the hoses going to the heater, nothing. I know usually you have to crack open the highest point to get the air out, but that's in the cab. Is there a secret way without getting coolant all over the place?
JD 3130.jpg

Drty Ernie

Reaction score
I'm in need of some wheel weights and the front weight for a CaseIH 600 (Steiger) tractor. The front weight P/N is 84185284 and weighs 1484lbs. Anybody have any ideas where I could find some weights? I've checked most of the wreckers already. Thanks in advance.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright you smart Farmer people! We have installed a Hinson cab on a JD 3130. It came with a heater and we have plumbed it in. My question is, how do you get the coolant from the rad up to the heater (roof)? We do have the hoses hooked up from the block, to the heater and back to the block. I warmed up the tractor to operating temp, felt the rad hose and I can feel the pump doing its job. But when I touch the hoses going to the heater, nothing. I know usually you have to crack open the highest point to get the air out, but that's in the cab. Is there a secret way without getting coolant all over the place?View attachment 268659

I’d first check to make sure 1 of the hoses comes from the discharge side of the water pump, before the rad. If both hoses go back to the block there won’t be a pressure differential to create flow.

Usually the pump will be enough alone to push out the air. It’ll take some time and a few heat/cool cycles, but it should flood itself.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy dry, considering we even had a winter with mostly snow cover all season, although there wasn’t much moisture in the crust snow we had. It was super dry last fall.

The last significant rain we had was in June 2022…

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy dry, considering we even had a winter with mostly snow cover all season, although there wasn’t much moisture in the crust snow we had. It was super dry last fall.

The last significant rain we had was in June 2022…
You guys had way better snow up your way than we did. It’s not looking great for germination down our way unless something changes.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Alright you smart Farmer people! We have installed a Hinson cab on a JD 3130. It came with a heater and we have plumbed it in. My question is, how do you get the coolant from the rad up to the heater (roof)? We do have the hoses hooked up from the block, to the heater and back to the block. I warmed up the tractor to operating temp, felt the rad hose and I can feel the pump doing its job. But when I touch the hoses going to the heater, nothing. I know usually you have to crack open the highest point to get the air out, but that's in the cab. Is there a secret way without getting coolant all over the place?View attachment 268659
Once warm run it at pto RPM for a while. Need to get the coolant pump up to full RPM/flow to get enough pressure differential to circulate the air out.

Reactions: zal

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d first check to make sure 1 of the hoses comes from the discharge side of the water pump, before the rad. If both hoses go back to the block there won’t be a pressure differential to create flow.

Usually the pump will be enough alone to push out the air. It’ll take some time and a few heat/cool cycles, but it should flood itself.

Once warm run it at pto RPM for a while. Need to get the coolant pump up to full RPM/flow to get enough pressure differential to circulate the air out.
Thanks Guys. I’ll try that out next time I’m out.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried sprinkling diatomaceous Earth on it? As soon as stuff starts coming up sprinkle it over the whole garden. The potato bugs eat it and it shreds their insides

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Have you tried sprinkling diatomaceous Earth on it? As soon as stuff starts coming up sprinkle it over the whole garden. The potato bugs eat it and it shreds their insides
They walked around totally white. Didn't do absolutely anything . Need what the farmers use. Will check with UFA tomorrow

Top Bottom