Farmer talk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its crazy on new jd tractors hydraulics are twin pumps well if u loose a pump have to pull cab and its a real nasty job i said hang the pumps off the side i dont give a ch!t, make it so its practical to fix but nope can turn into a 40 grand job and a few days downtime

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As an construction equipment guy, I’ve never understood why the ag manufacturers insist on making their gear painful to work on for large repairs. It’s neat to see someone taking the mining equipment mentality and applying it in other industries. Keep it relatively simple with the ability to rebuild individual components easily. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think John Deere is at $190/hr and $2/km to work in the field.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think John Deere is at $190/hr and $2/km to work in the field.

Not far off Finning or SMS numbers. Isn’t JD in a lawsuit over a “right to repair”? They make their equipment so proprietary that only the dealer can repair them (on the electronic side)

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not far off Finning or SMS numbers. Isn’t JD in a lawsuit over a “right to repair”? They make their equipment so proprietary that only the dealer can repair them (on the electronic side)

They want more than just the electronic side of things. If they could get away with it, you wouldn't be able to change oil or fluid filters without dealer interaction.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
93CE158E-3E36-4A28-AA58-2D70733F97EB.jpeg
337DAF76-67BC-4F71-A79B-34CE96E876E5.jpeg

Doing a robot conversion in a parlour barn. Good winter work.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With urea tanking who all filled tbere bins thinking fert was going to climb towards spring time? Only the 2nd time in 30
Years old man has said the price has dropped going into spring time like it has
Nice to see Phos falling as well. I’m glad I waited as long as I did. Be a smaller agro bill this year if the hoppers don’t come

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We endep up buying in mid jan phos sulphur nh3 we did goodnon the phos and sulphur but with urea tankin tbis month that hurt a little with the nh3 pre buy but were still down .25 cent a pound over 2022 spring purchase

Nice to see Phos falling as well. I’m glad I waited as long as I did. Be a smaller agro bill this year if the hoppers don’t come

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a bill that passed in the house that exempts farm fuel from the federal carbon tax increases. It was a Conservative motion and was voted in favor from all parties except the Liberals. Tell all your friends in case you have a liberal hiding in a haystack.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a bill that passed in the house that exempts farm fuel from the federal carbon tax increases. It was a Conservative motion and was voted in favor from all parties except the Liberals. Tell all your friends in case you have a liberal hiding in a haystack.
Even our wonderfull minister of Agriculture voted against it, but everyone of our service boards and commission‘s will smile, shake her hand and kiss her ass instead of standing up for the check off payers

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a 50ish hp tractor with 3pt kicking around that they would consider selling. Older and green preferred haha

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have held out I guess. Bought in when it hit $875. Still way better than last year.
Yeah last year was brutal. 11-52 didn't go down much. Also seeing big price fluctuations between retailers so it's definitely worth it to make some phone calls.

Top Bottom