Farmer talk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was lucky marketed a bunch of wheat for 15.65 a bushel and snagged a little 23.50 canola but we marketed roughly 1/2 the farm have half left prices are tanking but i do beleave tbere will be a rebound if farmers hold out

Forward contracts from early spring/ summer nothing like that from September on offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CF64A78E-126E-4056-BD72-92704B33B749.jpeg

$1300 from Peterbilt, none in stock with 15 on order ?? Any one know of an alternative ?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you farmer folk seem to be well connected. If any one comes across good deal on an acreage tractor, send it my way please.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something high 20s or low 30ish hp.

Something to plow the driveway and mow the lawn. As far as price, all depends on what it is I guess.
Good luck…. Everything is priced through the roof.
Depending how old you are, how many years you plan to be on the acreage, and financial position… you might be better off just buying a new one..??
You’re going to have to put out the capital, but 20 years from now it’ll be worth more than you paid for it, and have the benefit of using a new unit all those years…

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 39 and hope to be here forever. Down the road we would like to buy land off neighbours to farm but we are city slickers starting with 10ac. Quarters kept on getting snatched up by Vancouver and Ontario buyers with cash so we gave up.

Just need something to do basic maintenance. And yes, used prices are crazy haha.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 39 and hope to be here forever. Down the road we would like to buy land off neighbours to farm but we are city slickers starting with 10ac. Quarters kept on getting snatched up by Vancouver and Ontario buyers with cash so we gave up.

Just need something to do basic maintenance. And yes, used prices are crazy haha.
about 5 years ago on a whim I bought a 26 horse TYM, has a loader and 3 point hitch, had about 500 hours on it, 2011model year, paid 11 grand cash sale. My wife thought I was crazy. I now have just over 800 hours on it and use it for every small job around the yard, it gets fired up almost every day during the summer, always find some use for it and just love it. I love it so much I started thinking this fall that I should sell it and buy a new one, should last the rest of my life. I started shopping new. I am keeping the TYM. The prices of them have become fawking stupid.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they have. It's all new to me so I'm trying to find the proper size where it's not too big and not too small but man, prices sure have gone up.

I did find a 2014 jd 2032 in revelstoke for 3g though. Wanted me to use ebay motors though...haha. stupid scammers

Top Bottom