Farmer talk

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought all farmers were poor and could not afford the internet:d
i lived on old dairy farm near Barrhead for 13 yrs a ex electronics engineer 70 yr old farmer neighbor built a dish and a reciever in house for satillte TV and internet,brags how it doesnt cost a cent? im not expert.no idea if can be done.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im seeding and there are flea beetles on my windshield can only imagine what a ch!t show spraying is going to be once the crop emerges if its still the dry its gunna be half stunned and not grow then get attacked by those little pricks

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im seeding and there are flea beetles on my windshield can only imagine what a ch!t show spraying is going to be once the crop emerges if its still the dry its gunna be half stunned and not grow then get attacked by those little pricks

Keep your bugs up there
3a2e5b6916f1c99448285d7289e4375f.jpeg

They aren’t to far from here cleaning off volunteer canola. We didn’t have problems last yr in this area. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seeding Canola today to wind up
Seeding. Guys are scratching it in and praying for rain. Moisture is down a couple inches so that won’t go well.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeding. Guys are scratching it in and praying for rain. Moisture is down a couple inches so that won’t go well.
Kenny do your rain dance.........same one you use for the snow dance sure could use some rain....... :snow:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One year I seeded all my canola just a touch deep and had one pass where I didn't put the drill all the way into the ground and it was the best looking part of the whole field.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One year I seeded all my canola just a touch deep and had one pass where I didn't put the drill all the way into the ground and it was the best looking part of the whole field.
Yes canola doesn’t like to work for it

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They repaired the irrigation canal and turned water on. Big leaks still so they turned the water off again. The contractor working on it took all his equipment away on Friday and is now bringing it back as of yesterday. This is very bad as this is the water pipeline for feedlot alley. We are extremely dry and have had basically zero rain. Temperatures for the next 2 weeks are hot with little chance of rain. Here is all the area that is affected right now...

View attachment 268955

Every coloured square or circle is supposed to be irrigation.
I was talking to an operator on that project yesterday in Macleod and he said the government cheaped out on the bed base, but more so on the liner. They were making holes as they were covering it. Knew it would fail as soon as the water was turned on

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to an operator on that project yesterday in Macleod and he said the government cheaped out on the bed base, but more so on the liner. They were making holes as they were covering it. Knew it would fail as soon as the water was turned on
Sounds about right. Never enough money to do it right the first time, but always enough to do it right the second time.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So i called that roy agra place in stony. Nope, they have the insecticide but you must be a registered potatoe growers and he said the stuff is potent and not to be sprayed with a pump sprayer need to very competent. Not going there as my stepfather dont wear a mask for par3 and they always say they feel like crap after. What else is effictive to kill potatoe beetles. It says safers soap where do you buy that

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We caight .5 to 1 inch or rain here thank the lord it was extrnelt dry just fired back up today to finish the last 3 quarters of canoa even got to raise the drill
Back up

sethier

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i called that roy agra place in stony. Nope, they have the insecticide but you must be a registered potatoe growers and he said the stuff is potent and not to be sprayed with a pump sprayer need to very competent. Not going there as my stepfather dont wear a mask for par3 and they always say they feel like crap after. What else is effictive to kill potatoe beetles. It says safers soap where do you buy that

a468624b389c7947e76938ee8cfbe9ea.jpg

8386c3a584ff8840d2fb7acb6e0f94e0.jpg

I use this stuff for potato bugs. Bought at Canadian Tire but most gardening places carry it. Not residual. Has to contact the bug to kill it which can be tricky as they like to hide on the bottom side of the leaf. Seems to kill the egg clusters as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom