Farmer talk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Poleci, decis, used to be matador but tbat got pulled, we had them eat the wifes garden and nothing would work so grabbed the big boy stuff from
The farm and it worked

QUOTE="rknight111, post: 3149633, member: 1"]
They walked around totally white. Didn't do absolutely anything . Need what the farmers use. Will check with UFA tomorrow
[/QUOTE]

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Poleci, decis, used to be matador but tbat got pulled, we had them eat the wifes garden and nothing would work so grabbed the big boy stuff from
The farm and it worked

QUOTE="rknight111, post: 3149633, member: 1"]
They walked around totally white. Didn't do absolutely anything . Need what the farmers use. Will check with UFA tomorrow
[/QUOTE]

Yep got n email from Cargill that they won’t accept any grain that’s had Matador applied to it so looks like the end for that insecticide

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How would they know honestly? Lol

Yep got n email from Cargill that they won’t accept any grain that’s had Matador applied to it so looks like the end for that insecticide
[/QUOTE]

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How would they know honestly? Lol

[/QUOTE]
I asked them a couple yrs ago about another banned chemical and they said the grain commission that tests export grain can test the grain to see what’s in it. The organic guys say they can tell if glyphosate has been used on a crop supposedly.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked them a couple yrs ago about another banned chemical and they said the grain commission that tests export grain can test the grain to see what’s in it. The organic guys say they can tell if glyphosate has been used on a crop supposedly.[/QUOTE]

I’ve worked for Cargill for 17 years now and I call bullchit!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked them a couple yrs ago about another banned chemical and they said the grain commission that tests export grain can test the grain to see what’s in it. The organic guys say they can tell if glyphosate has been used on a crop supposedly.

[/QUOTE]I never said Cargill could test it. I said the grain commission at the port can test it. Now that could be bullchit as well but I’m just telling you what I was told. 🤷

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I never said Cargill could test it. I said the grain commission at the port can test it. Now that could be bullchit as well but I’m just telling you what I was told. [/QUOTE]

I’m not calling your bullchit. I’m calling Cargills bullchit! But I guess they’re not completely lying to you. The CGC probably could test it, but they rarely do. And if they did, and the tests came back positive, tracing it back to a single producer would be almost impossible.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said Cargill could test it. I said the grain commission at the port can test it. Now that could be bullchit as well but I’m just telling you what I was told.

I’m not calling your bullchit. I’m calling Cargills bullchit! But I guess they’re not completely lying to you. The CGC probably could test it, but they rarely do. And if they did, and the tests came back positive, tracing it back to a single producer would be almost impossible.

[/QUOTE]
Oh I hear ya on that. When they get a train everyone and their dog is hauling. No way they can tell who the producer was

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They repaired the irrigation canal and turned water on. Big leaks still so they turned the water off again. The contractor working on it took all his equipment away on Friday and is now bringing it back as of yesterday. This is very bad as this is the water pipeline for feedlot alley. We are extremely dry and have had basically zero rain. Temperatures for the next 2 weeks are hot with little chance of rain. Here is all the area that is affected right now...

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 8.42.46 AM.png

Every coloured square or circle is supposed to be irrigation.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They repaired the irrigation canal and turned water on. Big leaks still so they turned the water off again. The contractor working on it took all his equipment away on Friday and is now bringing it back as of yesterday. This is very bad as this is the water pipeline for feedlot alley. We are extremely dry and have had basically zero rain. Temperatures for the next 2 weeks are hot with little chance of rain. Here is all the area that is affected right now...

View attachment 268955

Every coloured square or circle is supposed to be irrigation.
Now you’re going to feel what its like to farm where we’re at…..

Shaping up to be a year like last year….
I’m amazed that a crop will grow with 1-2” of rain annually….

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Are June bugs of any concern? I've seen a number of them this year for the first time, I was half ass reading about them this morning, but not sure if they are evil or good

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are June bugs of any concern? I've seen a number of them this year for the first time, I was half ass reading about them this morning, but not sure if they are evil or good
Not down here but I expect we will see plenty of flea beetles and grasshoppers this year with as dry as it is

Top Bottom