Family Ride in the Mountains

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance from all of you that have taken your families riding in the mountains. My oldest son and I ride regularly in Valemount and Revy. The last few years we have ridden with the whole family to the usual places like Whitecourt etc. This year the whole gang would like a first look at some simple terrain mountain riding. My wife and the 2 younger kids do not have Avy training (kids are too young yet) so I'm looking for somewhere up around a cabin that they could safely play on simple terrain. More about the view and experience for a first look. One suggestion to me has been Renshaw in kids bowl. I had a look at it last trip and I think that would work pretty well. Any other locations anyone can suggest? Thanks for all your help.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go in the McBride section and look under the Family Day Thread. Family day weekend is always a blast and lots of families with kids. This will be the 6th year I have been taking my kids to the big hills and there is consistantl 15 in our group. Easy to keep it tame for the kids at Lucille and Renshaw. Their favorite spots to ride. This year there are 8 kids and 8 kids and 8 adults in our group. Check it out!
Climina at Valemount would keep it fairly tame at goat ridge bowl also.
My kids really enjoy the ride into Renshaw, great valley view!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great area is greystokes for a family ride, lots of easy riding and good cabin network, want a little more then hunters range, won't be disappointed in either spot, thing I like about these 2 spots is a lot less sleds, easier for family to ride when less sled pressure.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably to far away for you but West Yellowstone has exactly what your looking for. If you want more info on this area just PM me.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the parents and uncle and aunt to Vale last year for three days. They took turns on the sleds and we checked out all three main Vale areas. We just stuck to areas very near the trailhead. In the case of Clemina we went back a little ways.

DVRMK

Reaction score
In Sicamous from the Owlhead parking lot you can take a trail all the way to the Blue Lake cabin which also offers a hill to play on in front of the cabin. Or at km 16 hang a right and ride the Skyline forestry road for probably about 20 km. Great views of Mara Lake.

Top Bottom