family Pets

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zrrrrrrrrr they are so beautiful. Our wolf/mal was a rescue. Twice she was confiscated from owners who couldn't handle her kind, and I think may have got her for the wrong reason. I used to be a professional dog trainer, so needless to say, it was like bootcamp for Misha and the kids when she first came to our home. She is so amazing. She's feeling her age now and can't run like she used to, but her pride is big. Love her so much.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zrrrrrrrrr they are so beautiful. Our wolf/mal was a rescue. Twice she was confiscated from owners who couldn't handle her kind, and I think may have got her for the wrong reason. I used to be a professional dog trainer, so needless to say, it was like bootcamp for Misha and the kids when she first came to our home. She is so amazing. She's feeling her age now and can't run like she used to, but her pride is big. Love her so much.

Certain types of dogs are not for certain types of people. It pains me to see people get dogs for the wrong reasons. Husky type dogs are beautiful dogs, but have strong pack sense and are working dogs, therefore are always ready to be a challenge. Not to mention that nothing matters but whats at the end of a long run. They need a job. Throw the Wolf into the mix and well......you know. It pains me to see people buy Husky type dogs from a pet shop because they "look pretty" only to see the owner have no control a few months later. I spent 2 years doing my research and knew what I was in for. I made a few mistakes but they taught me as much as I thought them. I'm ranting, but living in the city and close to an off leash I see sooo much crap.

Mine too are starting to show their age. White one for sure. Only a few more years. My best friends!

I'd do it all over agian though, from the same place and same person.....of course, knowing what I was getting into.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple more during and after a long day in the backcountry.

Yes I am proud of them.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goto say Zrrrrr that white one is a beautiful animal!!

Few more of my beast in Tofino long beach

Attachments

• Asst Pics 139.jpg
    Asst Pics 139.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Asst Pics 130.jpg
    Asst Pics 130.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Asst Pics 093.jpg
    Asst Pics 093.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 127

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to the get attention from the girls till I got the White dog. Now he gets all the attention and I get nothing!

Love the hounds. Best bark ever!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
zrrrr
your dogs look like real troopers, i know my dog loves a challange, but one of our old dogs "rover" was a real trooper, my dad and a couple buddies were out sledding one year long time ago, and they were doing some filming and they herd some thing and was like WTH is that sound and look back and theres rover coming up over a hill, what a passiont and trust worthy dog,

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is Gordo the Gecko before a shed. He is actually coloured quite brilliantly!

Leopard Gecko! We were looking after one for a while. It actually had personality. Really fun to watch it hunt. Neat creature for sure.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres otis in tofino trying to surf... i'd take him out further next time for sure.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LnuLi5mKQ[/YOUTUBE]

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duchess like many dogs is a very loyal friend, she luvs to be whre we are, she quds with us, runs with the horses ...hikes and climbs.....she goes where we go....

Attachments

• IMGP7055 C.jpg
    IMGP7055 C.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC08627C.jpg
    DSC08627C.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 132
  • IMGP3781.jpg
    IMGP3781.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMGP6975.jpg
    IMGP6975.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 132

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to the get attention from the girls till I got the White dog. Now he gets all the attention and I get nothing!

Love the hounds. Best bark ever!

I know the howl!! We love it. When the wild wolves howl by our house she starts, this low sad howl. We as a family howl with her alot. All you do is tip your chin up now and she lets loose. I wouldn't have gone looking for her breed combination, we kind of got her by default, but I really feel she was ment to be with us. So funny to see a wolf under the covers with the kids in the morning! Do your wolves have a different smell?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My buddy shadow...we have a deal, If I teach him to drink beer he'll teach me how to lick my own nuts....once we have it mastered we can run off together and spend our days drinking beer and licking our own nuts....:beer::d

The wife wanted horses and I was indifferent....she told me they were easy to care for, not a lot of work involved...HA...oh well at least now whenever she calls me a horses ass I can prove her wrong with a side by side comparison....black one is a morgan (mine) I named her midnight...everyone calls her Matty I gave up correcting them. White one is Autumn (wifes) shes a palamino crossed with bitch.....I think bitch is the prominent breed.

Mickey is our little mut...she likes to find ways out of our our fenced yard, stands at the end of the driveway and tries to eat little shitzu's being walked on leashes by acreage owners ?????, gets mad when the owner tries to stop her, gets herself labled as a "Dangerous Animal" and gets me fined $150.

Shadow sleeps with his ears covered when it is too loud

Attachments

• work 032.jpg
    work 032.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 122
  • CIMG0045.jpg
    CIMG0045.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_3243.jpg
    100_3243.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_3044.jpg
    100_3044.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 129

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are my two Dogs, Ben and Danni. 3yo male and 6mnst old female.

both pure bread german shepherd long coats

Attachments

• ice 2008 027.jpg
    ice 2008 027.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 119

Copter6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my English Setter at 8 weeks when we first brought him home!
The date stamp is not correct.
ARI.jpg

This is him at 6 months
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of our husky(Blaze) with our son winter of '07. We adopted Blaze from the Edmonton SPCA and when you go quadding he would rather ride on the quad than run beside.

James_Dec08_03.JPG

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of our husky(Blaze) with our son winter of '07. We adopted Blaze from the Edmonton SPCA and when you go quadding he would rather ride on the quad than run beside.

View attachment 19307

He is a big boy for a Husky, very nice looking dog, and as my wife would say thank you for adopting a dog and saving it's life!!!:d:beer:

Top Bottom