ever seen a polaris fly??

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I would do alot of tree riding before I the heli to get me out! There's always away out, unless there is a clift!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have called a few xp's could have followed their tracks out or let maxwell ride it out just some options.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so for this guys sake it was blown up, can you imagine the BS that's gonna fly over this post ha-ha, this is exactly why I don't ride an Embarrass:d:d:d buddy you keep repping the Polaris and I'll keep making up new Polaris sales pitches he-he"Polaris the way out, if you can afford a chopper ride" hahaha Nice video though, hope your helmet and goggles were tied on good. Should a kept your helmet for the ride out with your buddy!!!! All in all I guess ch!t happens!!!!!

You drive CAT. :confused:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo's fly way better and they don't need a heli to doo it.LOL:d:beer:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 345

mdwils

Reaction score
The costs for that Helicopter (Bell 206B) is generally about $1400 per hour. Figure on 2 miles a minute in flight ( 120 MPH), and a mile a minute (60 MPH)when slinging.

Golden average costs are :

Holt-Gorman-Lang $600.
Cirque Quartz 800 to 1000.
Silent 1200 to 1500.
Silver Mine - either your First born male child or your Left Nut.
inside Parks Canada - Last one was $2,500 :nono:

Holy lord!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol nice pic! Would be good to hear the entire reason why this Polaris was choppered out!

I'm not sure man but it looked like a line in front of it. You only get a glimps in the footage.:d:beer: Doo would have made it out:d:d:d:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure man but it looked like a line in front of it. You only get a glimps in the footage.:d:beer: Doo would have made it out:d:d:d:beer:

Maybe the lads thought it would be easier to chopper it out, I'm wondering though if his buddy rode it out why couldn't the Polaris ride out! Maybe they choppered both sleds out! Again the poster has not been back to post any more info. Cool video though:d:d:d Glad the bumper held up!!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok im back lol.... first of all the are at westridge was by the lake to the north on the valmount side of the hill facing town if that makes sense ....secondly there was my sled and a brand new ETEC down there to but sadly didnt get a video of it gettin lifted out . third we definetly tried to get out but could not get a trail made for everytime we moved we made a trench which made things worse finally the etec went for a ghost ride which being the good friend i am i jumped in front of it to stop it from being a write off which was when we decided that the 600 bucks for a chopper ride was much cheaper than the cost of a new front end on either sled ..fourth thing is the carbon fiber bumper has long been replaced by a new aluminum bumper that is very solid so wasnt to worried abuot that but definetly thought about it falling reason we couldnt sling with a 3 point is it was to steep and to many trees for the chopper to land hint the reason we had to call him and we had to hike back out which really really sucked didnt even get a chopper ride out of the deal .... anyways if i missed anything let me know

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
That's the area I thought the vid was taken.... Been down there aways, could get nasty fast... Thks for the follow up story. :beer:

Rescue Pilot

Reaction score
I'm Glad that worked out OK, and the $600 sounds fair to do 2 lifts.
My biggest fear is to drop a $15,000 + sled, as we don't carry hook insurance.
Just a basic $0.50 per Lb, "....here's $300 for your sled, sorry Man..." :oops: :mad:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a basic $0.50 per Lb, "....here's $300 for your sled, sorry Man..." :oops: :mad:

i figured you would of been more worried about the slingshot effect and the crash chopper.:eek:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a popular pastime on any given weekend at Boulder Mountain - look up and see what color the sleds on the hook are....

Yellow, yellow, green, red red red red yellow yellow yellow blue blue.....LOL :d:d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How long of a line are you using?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is a poster child for why everyone should learn how to play follow the leader and pack a nice trail into an area if you decide to drop in to something, you should always plan your way out before you drop down. Expensive lesson to learn.

Top Bottom