Ethanol in all grades of fuel

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. No crab season this year. Just got a box, gonna be harder to get for a while.
Alaskan price was crazy. Costco had the Russian king crab but that is gone now, I assume because of sanctions. They have some Noriegan substitute, $700 a box now. I got a box of snow crab from Costco business centre $200, pretty decent size legs and from PEI.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could snowmobile manufacturers sue the government of Canada for damages caused to 2 stroke engines because of the mandated ethanol content?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alaskan price was crazy. Costco had the Russian king crab but that is gone now, I assume because of sanctions. They have some Noriegan substitute, $700 a box now. I got a box of snow crab from Costco business centre $200, pretty decent size legs and from PEI.

I just picked up a box of king crab off my friend with sealand foods. 400$ monster legs, but they won't be getting any more, any time soon he says

Russians and the Chinese will still.be eating good 🙄

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing with o2 sensors as it has lead (I think) which destroys o2 sensors. Also lead is illegal to burn on highway vehicles.
You can get away with it, its not great for them but they will tolerate it for a while, just don't expect the same longevity out of the sensor. for what its worth, I had 3 seasons on my mod sled O2 sensor and it was still working fine when I sold it, running 100% AV 100LL.

We've been over this ethanol thing. It will be fine, since the % is not always 10%. Don't fill up the sleds after each trip, dump the jerry cans into the cars as soon as you get home and just wait to get fresh stuff on the start of the next trip. Don't buy from sketchy stores. 91/92 octane (premium) is blended with 87 to make the mid grade at most places, so the premium is getting used for mid grade as well so it gets cycled more often than you might think. Use a bit of methyl hydrate or boostane in your junk if you're worried at all, its super cheap insurance and really isn't hurting the performance (noticeably) unless you drastically over do it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. No crab season this year. Just got a box, gonna be harder to get for a while.

Holy crap, the guys struggled when the king season was closed last year, now it blue king and snow crab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get away with it, its not great for them but they will tolerate it for a while, just don't expect the same longevity out of the sensor. for what its worth, I had 3 seasons on my mod sled O2 sensor and it was still working fine when I sold it, running 100% AV 100LL.

We've been over this ethanol thing. It will be fine, since the % is not always 10%. Don't fill up the sleds after each trip, dump the jerry cans into the cars as soon as you get home and just wait to get fresh stuff on the start of the next trip. Don't buy from sketchy stores. 91/92 octane (premium) is blended with 87 to make the mid grade at most places, so the premium is getting used for mid grade as well so it gets cycled more often than you might think. Use a bit of methyl hydrate or boostane in your junk if you're worried at all, its super cheap insurance and really isn't hurting the performance (noticeably) unless you drastically over do it.
Who uses mid-grade though? I've honestly never bought it. 87 in the dailies and 91 or 94 in the chit with aftermarket turbskis or powersports units.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully in the near future they will install more versatile programs with flex sensors in the powersports machines for this reason.
its been in some vehicles for quite some time.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who uses mid-grade though? I've honestly never bought it. 87 in the dailies and 91 or 94 in the chit with aftermarket turbskis or powersports units.
I don't know specifically who buys it, probably high school kids with tuner cars who think it gives them more power. If most people like yourself are just buying straight 91 / 94 then it supports the point even more that it gets cycled frequently and folks need to be less concerned about stale 91 in the pump.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know specifically who buys it, probably high school kids with tuner cars who think it gives them more power. If most people like yourself are just buying straight 91 / 94 then it supports the point even more that it gets cycled frequently and folks need to be less concerned about stale 91 in the pump.
You're assuming any of my turbo shitbox projects actually run long enough to burn a tank of fuel :ROFLMAO:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let's get this straight:
1. Ethanol is produced from grain (food), usually corn but also wheat and barley.
2. The Canadian Gov't will force Canadian farmers to use 30% less nitrogen fertilizer, which will in turn reduce crop yields (maybe by 30%?).
3. The world is facing a food crisis, where millions in the next year will suffer from malnourishment due to lack of food, at least in part because less grain is being produced in Ukraine and what is produced is difficult to export. And even where food is available many won't be able to afford it.
4. The "Clean Fuel Standard" is now mandating 10% ethanol in all gasoline, which will increase the amount of food used for fuel, decrease the amount of food available to eat, and increase the costs of basic staples like wheat and corn.
Doesn't help when the US farmers are lobbying to continue to keep ethanol in fuel either.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was already tipping over my alpha to give the turbo's fuel... I'm going to need to carry an extra fuel tank to get them home now.
Bahahaha

That's gold right there

10 bucks a litre on the mountain , that's a good return lol

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is av gas safe to use in all sleds then or just aftermarket turbo sleds? I just have a oem turbo summit but I have a connection to an av gas supplier through work. he has also said to come get some of the "good stuff" but I never bothered before.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
BRP doesn't need anymore government
BRP, bombardier recreational products again is the family business that is traded publicly on the TSE. To my best recollection they are not getting funding from the federal government.
Bombardier Inc. Is the company that gets assistance from the federal government. Isn't this beating a dead horse.

Top Bottom