Escape Mountain

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You guys better go back and watch it again.......
MAXWELL had a shadow spot in the episode.
Watch really really close and you will see him...

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was never intended for sledders to watch. If they were looking to get the general public to look at sleds on a major network T.V. , then they absolutely killed it. Watch it again and see it as a small look at the adventure it is in the mountains. We need the public too see what it is like out there and why we keep going back weekend after weekend. The distruction of fridge in the cabin could have been left out but a guess someone has to be a badass. Sledders have a bad RAP out there right now. It showed we are not just a bunch of goons. I have been out there a lot of years and members of my family still don't get it. Thanks SKIDOO

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was never intended for sledders to watch. If they were looking to get the general public to look at sleds on a major network T.V. , then they absolutely killed it. Watch it again and see it as a small look at the adventure it is in the mountains. We need the public too see what it is like out there and why we keep going back weekend after weekend. The distruction of fridge in the cabin could have been left out but a guess someone has to be a badass. Sledders have a bad RAP out there right now. It showed we are not just a bunch of goons. I have been out there a lot of years and members of my family still don't get it. Thanks SKIDOO
Its reality TV. Do you take all the bad chit that happens on Big Brother or the Bachelor or Survivor that serious? It wasn't meant to be a statement on the current state of the sport. Did you vote Liberal? Asking for a friend....

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

So Brp made a sled movie but it wasn’t intended for sledders? What, are you smoking my weed?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Good post.
The average person does not understand mountain riding.
They hear about search and rescue in mountains and figure riding should be shut down.
There was good emphasises put on proper riding gear and using gps. etc, (avy packs worn, spare fuel).
My friends think we are crazy riding the mountains. I try to explain the nice wide groomed trails and cabins to them and that even begineers are safe to ride.
For some reason, they think it is cliffs and dropoffs only. (maybe because they only know what a mountain looks like from afar).
These are pre conceived biases.
Some of these folks I am talking about, watched the show and got a better perspetive of the areas and conditions we are in.
Funnyy how some of you folks watch Gold Rush and other shows and see the Reality TV portion in the show but not on this show. This is a natural human response when you are very familiar with the activity you are watching.
We all should be promoting this show, so the general public understands we are not high risk, fly by the seat of our pants type people. They do not know the differance between brands and look at it as a general snowmobile show.
There is enough negativity every time there is an avalanche, someone is lost or dies.
We do not go out and run over every tree and cut them down when a ski wraps around it.

I realize because some of the small minded people see it as a BRP advertisement (any other brand could have done this), thats not the way I ride or other comments previovsly posted that you are entitled to your opinion.

Look at the bigger picture and find the positive things conveyed!

We are a sledding community and have enough issues and fights on our hands(caribou issues and closures).

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Top Bottom