Enclosed trailer repair ... potential frame twist

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys

While driving in Spruce Grove a young lady ran a red light and t boned my 28 foot charmac enclosed trailer.... he car is a write off, and looking at my trailer you think a couple chunks of checker plate, a few pannels but having towed this trailer for 15,000 km I know she did more than that. The trailer seems to be dog tracking, the front door seems twisted (binds when closing) and if I had to guess she knocked the front over 2 or more inches by the way it looks in my side miorrs.

What Im looking for is a good repair/frame shop to look at this trailer and tell me what has happened, or what needs to be fixed.

The trailer is a 2013 so i really dont want issues later.

Any recomendations ???

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 364
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 360

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys at Scona Spring (not sure if it's still called that) or yellowhead trailer should know who could handle it.

What looks minor from the outside could be major frame problems. Curious what it looks like from the inside along the walls and underneath. Torsion Axles or springs depending on your axle type may be toast as well as main frame and cross frame issues. If you have a flat floor to park it on, check door alignment and measure height off ground at front corners to see if it has an obvious twist.

Where did you purchase it from?

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its insurance and the easy thing to say is please buy me a new trailer .... and thats what id like as well cause it less than a year old.... but we have all dealt with them before.... its used blah blah blah .....and now that the dollar has changed in the last year even if they gave me new price im still out 10%

Anyway the first step is a person telling me what is actually wrong.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys at Scona Spring (not sure if it's still called that) or yellowhead trailer should know who could handle it.

What looks minor from the outside could be major frame problems. Curious what it looks like from the inside along the walls and underneath. Torsion Axles or springs depending on your axle type may be toast as well as main frame and cross frame issues. If you have a flat floor to park it on, check door alignment and measure height off ground at front corners to see if it has an obvious twist.

Where did you purchase it from?

I will check them out, I bought it from Magnum in Airdre and just wanted some opinons of SandM members to get a second and or third opinion.

Top Bottom