Edmonton Sled Show

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been before but hear its pretty sweet. Is it worth it for a guy to drive up from Calgary to check out! looking for a new helmet and either klim or motorfist bib, can you get all that there? any info is great !
Its an awesome show but I have one bit of advice for you. Know your prices so that when you go to buy something and they tell you its a good deal you know if it is or isn't. And when I went I paid everything in cash, they like cash haha cash =deals :)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been before but hear its pretty sweet. Is it worth it for a guy to drive up from Calgary to check out! looking for a new helmet and either klim or motorfist bib, can you get all that there? any info is great !
Waste of Money and Time just my 2 cents

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I guess that depends on your perspective... It's one of my favorite days of the year but not for the "buying chit"

Wife and I with Plio and Kaz man the AB Beach club booth on the Saturday, get to meet new people reconnect with old friends (really old in imdooin & ferni's cases) check out all the new chit, find a few deals on the old chit. shift off at the booth to get some quality beer garden time, maybe one or two in the parking lot to balance out the cost.

Then we always follow it up with a night out, sometimes a betties meet and greet sometimes a S&M thing and sometimes we just totally overwhelm an unsuspecting corner bar.

All in All it's not the event itself it's what you make of it..... if your from out of town, best bet is to grab a hotel for the night so you can park the vehicle and partake in the social aspect of the day/evening/night/early morning/hangover

Waste of Money and Time just my 2 cents

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that depends on your perspective... It's one of my favorite days of the year but not for the "buying chit"

Wife and I with Plio and Kaz man the AB Beach club booth on the Saturday, get to meet new people reconnect with old friends (really old in imdooin & ferni's cases) check out all the new chit, find a few deals on the old chit. shift off at the booth to get some quality beer garden time, maybe one or two in the parking lot to balance out the cost.

Then we always follow it up with a night out, sometimes a betties meet and greet sometimes a S&M thing and sometimes we just totally overwhelm an unsuspecting corner bar.

All in All it's not the event itself it's what you make of it..... if your from out of town, best bet is to grab a hotel for the night so you can park the vehicle and partake in the social aspect of the day/evening/night/early morning/hangover

Well said

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Yes Bogs, it is a great social event. I will miss it this year as a Fernie business has decided to doo the booth. The people I have met and keep coming back year after year to say hello is amazing.

Just for the record, imdoo'n is as old as dirt and I am as old as the moss on the trees. We aren't young chickens but we aren't quite ready for the rocking chair either.

Enjoy the show and the socialization. Myself and my better half will be in Saskatoon to spread the word of the Legendary Fernie Powder to the flatlander masses :d

calltrex

Reaction score
There is prob some unlisted booths. Mod rods was the big 509 seller. There business is down the street from 509. I would be shocked if they are not there this yr

I tried there new helmet yesterday. Didn't like it at all. Un comfortable

Last edited:

Adam 442

Reaction score
Looks like we are coming up for this, what's a good hotel with a waterslide in Edmonton? Somewhat close to the show? Thanks!

Top Bottom