Edmonton Motor Show???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody planning to head down to the Edmonton Motor show this weekend? Sounds like they are supposed to have lots of retro cars, as well as all the new line ups and lots of concepts, I'm planning to go, don't know 100% if I will yet or not but am definitely hoping to go check out the 09 Ram and the 08 Challenger.

devil

Reaction score
My friend wants me to go help watch over his booth in hall D tonight. setting up his car we took a break and walked around to look at some of the new cars and get pics at about 12:30am a couple nights ago. Some very nice looking new cars.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to check out the new camaro:thumbsup2:, going tonite but parking is goining to be tough with the Oilers game on too.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there, camaro was a let down, it is a mock car, no interior, all blacked out. but looks cool. new dodge has the ugliest interior, and that ford, how do you call that re-designed???it is just a new grille!
there is a lot of new cars, the caddies, what is up??!!!!! daddy need a new caddy

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
was there, camaro was a let down, it is a mock car, no interior, all blacked out. but looks cool. new dodge has the ugliest interior, and that ford, how do you call that re-designed???it is just a new grille!
there is a lot of new cars, the caddies, what is up??!!!!! daddy need a new caddy

the camaro is just a concept, it's not in production yet.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the camaro is just a concept, it's not in production yet.

TYLERG: I'M GONNA WHISPER HERE, OKAY; I THINK JEREMY KNOWS THAT... HE IS A SALES MANAGER AT A GM DEALERSHIP .... I THINK THE CHALLENGER IS IN PRODUCTION FOR THE 2009 MODEL YEAR, AND A 'CUDA IS COMIN' SOON TOO!!!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I THINK ITS INTO PRODUCTION IN "10"?? COULD BE WRONG, AND CORRECT ME IF I AM... HOWS SCHOOL NOW RUCKY??? YOUR SPELLIN' HAS IMPROVED, AND I SEE BIGFOOT ISN'T AFTER YOU ALL THE TIME ANYMORE... WELL DONE RUCKY!!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I THINK ITS INTO PRODUCTION IN "10"?? COULD BE WRONG, AND CORRECT ME IF I AM... HOWS SCHOOL NOW RUCKY??? YOUR SPELLIN' HAS IMPROVED, AND I SEE BIGFOOT ISN'T AFTER YOU ALL THE TIME ANYMORE... WELL DONE RUCKY!!!

You're probably right, and you have some slight confusalation there....I've never had problems with spelling, that's polarisryder! :rant:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay guys you heard it here first!!!!

I have confirmed with my General Motors Rep, (the guy who sells me my inventory) all the stuff that I was finding out from other sorces, and this guys brother is a engineer with GM and is actually involved in the tooling of the plant out east.

The car is going to start production sometime in september THIS YEAR, which means 2008 availibility as a 2009 model year vehicle. the reason i was dissapointed about the one at the car show is i wanted to see the motor and how the intereior looked without seeing it on my computer screen or a glossy mag page. to get back on track they have yet to have a rolling engine in car! when the used to build the last generation firebird/commy they were expensive, good news pricing very similar to the mustang as the old one was closer to the vette. the hold up off production was when the last ones where built gm struck a deal with the canadian gov't that those/these cars would only be built in canada, they stopped making them, they weren;t selling cause too much $$$$$$, and GM in there wisdom thought the land the plant was on would be worth more without the building so they started tearing it down, now had to find new place to build the car, and tool it, well that's almost done.

but, big but,...... UAW (the uniuon the the people who build the car belong to) all I can say is that if they decide to strike, which what a good time to strick with all the buzz around this car right when production is about to start, could seriouslt affect the launch of this vehicle. I already have HUGE $$$ deposits to hold my first order, as the dealer I am at back in the day was a performance dealer we expection a good chunk of allotment.

well, i guess you heard it here first, a good GM rant on snow and mud!!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THANKS JEREMY, ITS GREAT TO HAVE THAT INSIDE INFO... YOU CAN RANT ANYTIME, AND GIVE US SOME INSIDE INFO WHENEVER YOU WANT.... WHAT'S ON SNOWANDMUD, STAYS ON SNOWANDMUD..... LOL ---- NOW IF WE CAN GET THE DODGE GUYS TO TELL US WHEN THE NEW 'CUDA IS GONNA COME OUT????

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a die hard Chevy/GM guy, I was disappointed with the Camaro even if it was a concept car what are they waiting for?. I thought Chrysler did a good job with the Challenger but should had the Orange colored model for the show. Joeys Place had a nice display of cars and trucks downstairs, wish I hadn't sold some of the cars and trucks I had when i was younger.

Top Bottom