Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherm that pic wasn't even from the sicamous area, it doesn't belong in this thread! Lol. Well we decided to do some exploring today because the snows not the greatest but the skies were blue. Made it all the way from hunters range to the kingfisher area, dropped down a nasty mountain in the process, found the easier way out after we got to the bottom. Then we went over to Mortan's lake on the owlshead side. Found some nice untouched areas and put on 100kms. Fuel was low when we got back to the truck, Marked it all on the gps so it will be easier next time. We need more snow but the forecast isn't looking good.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherm that pic wasn't even from the sicamous area, it doesn't belong in this thread! Lol. Well we decided to do some exploring today because the snows not the greatest but the skies were blue. Made it all the way from hunters range to the kingfisher area, dropped down a nasty mountain in the process, found the easier way out after we got to the bottom. Then we went over to Mortan's lake on the owlshead side. Found some nice untouched areas and put on 100kms. Fuel was low when we got back to the truck, Marked it all on the gps so it will be easier next time. We need more snow but the forecast isn't looking good.

Hah, you went all the way to Owls that day, fair game buddy! Besides, I wouldn't expect anything less! LOL

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that was from the lumby area, I do like trees and is tough to keep track of! Haha

aocbiz

Reaction score
Went for a little ride to Hunters today, but on the way back to the tuck I lost a side panel somewhere on the trail (exhaust side). We pretty much stuck to the groomed trail other than a few blips off to the side in the deeper snow. If anyone comes across it and wants to return it (pm me), that would be great. It's a grey and lime Polaris panel.
Thanks
It was pretty quiet up there today, snow was ok in the open but lots of untracked and deeper in the trees.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that was from the lumby area, I do like trees and is tough to keep track of! Haha
Sorry about that, I guess you've been in so many they're all looking the same �� Who's old? Where am I????? ��

aocbiz

Reaction score
I have no idea how it came off and I didn't see it or hear it .....
I know it was on when we left the cabin (because there is a picture), but when we got to the truck it was gone????
It makes no sense and I can't even blame anyone else.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie must have shown ya how to make videos lol

sent while drinking tea's

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks tex , as for the new road into the lot I don,t see any info on the web site about this, do you still turn off the main highway at the same spot ??

No logging at eagles this year

Should be from bottom lot yes, new road into lot so watch signs

Sled sicamous website will tell ya all the lots info

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but may take different route

All has to do with the highway twin and bridge at skyline

Sorry I haven't been to eagles yet this year

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI there is logging at Eagles this year.

Starting at 3km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks tex , as for the new road into the lot I don,t see any info on the web site about this, do you still turn off the main highway at the same spot ??

Coming from Sicamous the turnoff is just past that miniature kids farm thingy, just past the bridge, same road as before but different! There's a big sign there where you turn, its the shorter route, goes straight up the hill into the pit, before the road was a good 3/4km past the bridge, some issues then with the land owner....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI there is logging at Eagles this year.

Starting at 3km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh, really

Last I heard ( before Christmas) none are eagles this year, but mabe they still had some more to do

Top Bottom