Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we did the first trip of the season and none of us were disappointed! Billdozer, Rightsideup and myself took "the back route", fearing the Owl's trail could be FUBAR'd . What we found up on the "back route" was 2.5' of untouched snow, all the way to the Owl's cabin trail! It was a beaut of a day, sunshine and blue sky as long as you stayed up on top. We stopped at Owl's, trail is the absolute sh$#'s, thought I'd mention that. From Owl's we headed over to Blue, the trail is the absolute sh*%'s, thought I'd mention that. There is a pretty good dump of snow but the trail is totally rutted out, kinda like 452 sleds had gone across it. Blue was pretty much untouched, although we didn't try dropping down into to many spots, pretty much "hero snow" everywhere, seems to have set up pretty nice. Whoever is going to groom that trail the first time had better take a couple of extra chain saw chains along as there is a ton of wood across the trail all along from 23km on, its a mess!
Great day you two, other than Billdozer continually falling over for some reason, then the other guy getting stuck right on the road, and then there was that side trail that Billdozer thought was some other road that didn't really work out for us! Rightsideup's sled really tractors through stumps and tree's though, thanks for letting me ride it! Had a blast, but we need a wee bit more snow to be able to have more fun. Get that foot dryed off there Billdozer, pretty thin ice still!! Sherm

Attachments

• 151125b.gif
    151125b.gif
    222.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 151125c.jpg
    151125c.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 151125d.jpg
    151125d.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 151125a.jpg
    151125a.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 439

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we did the first trip of the season and none of us were disappointed! Billdozer, Rightsideup and myself took "the back route", fearing the Owl's trail could be FUBAR'd . What we found up on the "back route" was 2.5' of untouched snow, all the way to the Owl's cabin trail! It was a beaut of a day, sunshine and blue sky as long as you stayed up on top. We stopped at Owl's, trail is the absolute sh$#'s, thought I'd mention that. From Owl's we headed over to Blue, the trail is the absolute sh*%'s, thought I'd mention that. There is a pretty good dump of snow but the trail is totally rutted out, kinda like 452 sleds had gone across it. Blue was pretty much untouched, although we didn't try dropping down into to many spots, pretty much "hero snow" everywhere, seems to have set up pretty nice. Whoever is going to groom that trail the first time had better take a couple of extra chain saw chains along as there is a ton of wood across the trail all along from 23km on, its a mess!
Great day you two, other than Billdozer continually falling over for some reason, then the other guy getting stuck right on the road, and then there was that side trail that Billdozer thought was some other road that didn't really work out for us! Rightsideup's sled really tractors through stumps and tree's though, thanks for letting me ride it! Had a blast, but we need a wee bit more snow to be able to have more fun. Get that foot dryed off there Billdozer, pretty thin ice still!! Sherm
Sounds like a blast Sherm, wish I was there! Always makes it better with blue sky! Hope more snow comes soon!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys gota quit going mid week so I can join

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys gota quit going mid week so I can join

I think they may have planned it that way! Haha

Bit of an inversion coming. Hopefully doesn't mess things up too bad for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is inversion in our neck of the woods or more towards revy?it would be nice to get cooler Temps up top to make things freeze better

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want the record to show Sherm pushed me over in that picture :)

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Billdozer meant to say was that he was a pushover, that's it! Hey, I wasn't anywhere around you when you were on your side in that other clearing, I think your gyroscope is off on the sled buddy! tex78, you sled???????????? Now you tell me. When you get two old retired peckers like Billdozer and I around we tend to do weekday stuff to avoid the crowds, that and we catch up on our sleep on weekends! I'd say there'll be allot of untouched snow come this weekend but judging by Billdozer's wet foot there are soft spots all over the place. Just a FYI, that bridge that they tore out on the Skyline Rd. by Owl's Rd., the water is about 2' deep under the thin ice, that about right Bill! Good thing you had your air bag on!!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Billdozer meant to say was that he was a pushover, that's it! Hey, I wasn't anywhere around you when you were on your side in that other clearing, I think your gyroscope is off on the sled buddy! tex78, you sled???????????? Now you tell me. When you get two old retired peckers like Billdozer and I around we tend to do weekday stuff to avoid the crowds, that and we catch up on our sleep on weekends! I'd say there'll be allot of untouched snow come this weekend but judging by Billdozer's wet foot there are soft spots all over the place. Just a FYI, that bridge that they tore out on the Skyline Rd. by Owl's Rd., the water is about 2' deep under the thin ice, that about right Bill! Good thing you had your air bag on!!
I thought you were going to the football game. I think you will be doing more drinking than sleeping lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys kill me

Well I'll have to call into work drunk one day and come out

I reserve those for epic snow days lol

Nagzs

Reaction score
I have to disagree. Great place to meet people and hangout, you won't need to go into town for anything. The lodge has everything you need, if you need somewhere to work on your sled Rene the owner is more then willing to let you use his shop. I stay there even when I'm riding in Revy.

Nagzs

Reaction score
Big group of guys yes

Just u and a buddy, then no
Anchor or joes, best Western better then

Too far out of town, taxi is retarded expensive for some reason now
I have to disagree. Great place to meet people and hangout, you won't need to go into town for anything. The lodge has everything you need, if you need somewhere to work on your sled Rene the owner is more then willing to let you use his shop. I stay there even when I'm riding in Revy.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone been up eagles lately?
I heard Rene said u could only ride weekends and park at 4 km

But funny I seen him post pics from the last few days in there, so not sure what the truth is

If I get a chance I'll find out

Ray509

Reaction score
Yes you have to park at 4 and call in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom