Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
I called the RCMP at 5:30 and gave them the details to let them know something may be up.... they said they will go check it out. Maybe just the same guy parked in the exact same spot well below everybody else two days in a row... or maybe not? Better safe than sorry to call it in I guess.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree !
I called the RCMP at 5:30 and gave them the details to let them know something may be up.... they said they will go check it out. Maybe just the same guy parked in the exact same spot well below everybody else two days in a row... or maybe not? Better safe than sorry to call it in I guess.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I texted ya, text me back

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SledDawg and I headed to Blue this AM. Poor Billdozer is nursing a bad rib so I had to toss him and find another man! Other than that dangled ice fog we had once we got closer to Blue, it was indeed a banner day for snow! The cabin area was socked in so we took to the meadows area that no one else bothered to mess up. We had some deep snow, even better than balls deep in many areas, allot of spots right over the windshield! That kind of snow came with its own problems of course, such as getting stuck and hitting really large trees! Yes, there are pics of poor Mr. Orange hidden by bark but my PC crapped out and I've had to resort to the Mrs. "Crapple" to just post this! After we dropped down and were trapped by snow we dumped out at the bottom near the stop sign. We hit Cummings area, tons of deep untracked snow. We then did the back route to Owls, first thought, head back to Blue!! There was 2 to 3 times more snow at Blue than Owls, at least in the areas we went. We even went up Eco to have a look at it but it to was to fogged in to drop to the other side. Anyways, bottom line is there is still some deep snow up there (snow is getting heavy though ) and you don't have to go far to find it. Good day SledDawg, don't be wrecking it all tomorrow!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a silver F350 parked facing downhill at 3.5 km at Owl Head, ramp down, BC plates...seems like it hasn't moved in 2 days now. is there someone with the club I can call to give them a heads up?
That sounds like those guys i gave the ride to on Monday that were riding the new doos. I drove them up to 7 from 3.5 and they brought there truck down. They had a silver truck and it was sitting there when i came down Monday. Is it the same one?

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
That sounds like those guys i gave the ride to on Monday that were riding the new doos. I drove them up to 7 from 3.5 and they brought there truck down. They had a silver truck and it was sitting there when i came down Monday. Is it the same one?

May have been... I couldn't remember if I saw it in the same spot two or three days in a row. Anyways, it did leave the hill last night so all is good.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "better late than never" pictures from my outing with SledDawg yesterday! Got my new computer up and running so you'll all have to still listen to my rantings! Lots of snow at Cummings, which SledDawg is balls deep in as reported. The pic with my sled is not what it looks like, I actually positioned it there as I thought I saw a spotted owl in that tree, so I wanted to observe it from an inconspicuous spot, ya, that's what happened.......

Attachments

• 160302a.jpg
    160302a.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 160302b.jpg
    160302b.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 391

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately lost a Garmin radio today heading over to blue - lost between marker 28k and blue lake cabin - thanks in advance if anyone possibly picked it up

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately lost a Garmin radio today heading over to blue - lost between marker 28k and blue lake cabin - thanks in advance if anyone possibly picked it up

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Did you not have another one to poll the location?

Maybe this summer we can go hunt for it and my GoPro I lost 4 years ago lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was between 28 km ( last place used) and bluelake cabin ( noticed missing) , that's a lot of area to poll search

Doesn't it have to be like 50 feet or closer??

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the polling but the radio location feature when somebody radios you is miles! We were on Quest one time and locating sledders on Blue when they called. Are the new ones able to locate the other radio without it calling someone?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some how I guess so yes

The update would show the last location yes, but I guess there is this poll function to find another radio

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I follow an account on Twitter called Shuswapscanner who reports on various incidents in the North Thompson, He just tweeted this: #SalmonArm getting reports of a possible avalanche west of the KingFisher Creek Ecological Reserve .North of Morton Peak

Be Safe out there peeps lets hope no one involved in this .

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some how I guess so yes

The update would show the last location yes, but I guess there is this poll function to find another radio

You can go to contacts and hit poll.

It will update the location as long as you are within the 2km 2 watt or 5km 5 watt area depending on terrain.

I managed to drop mine last winter out of my riser bag. We polled the location with another rino. Once we were within the 3meter area hitting the update button we could hear it under the snow.

After the battery is dead well, good luck. Mine is tethered all the time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

335i

Reaction score
Just heard they found a body near skinny ridge? Any idea where the slide was? Hopefully not someone local.. Heard he was riding alone :(

Top Bottom