Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Sherm is busy doing the snow Dance like the rest of us ! lol

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lilduke, I'll send ya some pics where I'm putting my plate on the sled, holes already there! Mind you, I won't be putting it on for another month or more! Was out ripping lips yesterday on Shu, pretty decent day! Still time to get in a few quad runs and look for the white stuff, its gotta be hiding up there somewhere! Been to damned warm (good for fishing!) here, still, we're having problems just getting a decent frost in the morning let alone snow up top but, its still early!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lilduke, I'll send ya some pics where I'm putting my plate on the sled, holes already there! Mind you, I won't be putting it on for another month or more! Was out ripping lips yesterday on Shu, pretty decent day! Still time to get in a few quad runs and look for the white stuff, its gotta be hiding up there somewhere! Been to damned warm (good for fishing!) here, still, we're having problems just getting a decent frost in the morning let alone snow up top but, its still early!

Sounds good Sherm, thanks. Hopefully we get some white stuff soon!:beer:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SNOW!!

I just thought I'd get everyone's attention. My chopper buddy did a fly over to Kickinghorse and his snow report is that everything above 5500' is white, for what its worth. I guess something is better than nothing and if its starting to build up now it might be OK come December! Talking to a couple of the other guys that did the sled meeting this month, Blue is gonna be closed to logging again this year but Queest is gonna be wide open. Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SNOW!!

I just thought I'd get everyone's attention. My chopper buddy did a fly over to Kickinghorse and his snow report is that everything above 5500' is white, for what its worth. I guess something is better than nothing and if its starting to build up now it might be OK come December! Talking to a couple of the other guys that did the sled meeting this month, Blue is gonna be closed to logging again this year but Queest is gonna be wide open. Sherm
U forgot to add logging possible at eagles pass

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back way in to blue ???-be easier to ride trail from Owls
Mabe he don't know the jumper trail that's in, where he would have gone
blue closed ?? good thing i know the back way in
Just the yard creek road is closed for logging, and they took out the trail below the top Cummings lake corner, deactivating the road

They are opening up the connector trail between owls and blue for year round use, and had to close the blue side to keep people from doing the circle

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a back way from the lafradge road but it would be a challenge making it up if there was any amount of snow - have traveled on it but only in late season

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the challenge is the fun part since the first 1/3 is groomed doing the full loop around makes for a nice day in either direction

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a back way from the lafradge road but it would be a challenge making it up if there was any amount of snow - have traveled on it but only in late season
U mean from the kingfisher side, ya I know about that too, but that's a hole bunch of extra driving for nothing

Oh well to each there own

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the logging equip down at 14/16km on Blue and two new roads cut in, I'm guessing all those new logging cuts will be open for playing. Gord had Forestry "and others" up at the short connector between Owl's and Blue to see if they could punch it through properly so they can get grooming it sooner than later. About the same distance either way (Blue or Owl's) so as long as it's passable again its all good, other than the PITA parking at the bottom of Owl's. The unfortunate part is that getting to Sugar Loaf on the Caribou Lk side is fubar'd and its a long trek doing it from the Blue Lk side, definitely and extra gas can day doing it that way!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the logging equip down at 14/16km on Blue and two new roads cut in, I'm guessing all those new logging cuts will be open for playing. Gord had Forestry "and others" up at the short connector between Owl's and Blue to see if they could punch it through properly so they can get grooming it sooner than later. About the same distance either way (Blue or Owl's) so as long as it's passable again its all good, other than the PITA parking at the bottom of Owl's. The unfortunate part is that getting to Sugar Loaf on the Caribou Lk side is fubar'd and its a long trek doing it from the Blue Lk side, definitely and extra gas can day doing it that way!
Can u get to the loaf from the Mal mart road ( back way into griffin) some how Sherm??

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are purposing 4km

They tried this a few seasons ago and it was an absolute ****show! I can't even imagine what it will be like now that Eagles has gained so much popularity with the addition of the new cabin. Please let's hope they don't try it again it will be disasterous

Top Bottom