Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Well it's about time the snow finally showed up here in Sicamous! I'm here until the end of January and always looking for people to ride with, especially on week days. Anyone interested send me a PM and we will go slay some waste deep pow this week!

Brojoe

Reaction score
We are stuck in Sicamous due to road closures. We are a group of 6. Any guide available for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am betting Eagles would be good. Though about that earlier today. It didn't get the Revy through traffic for the last two days. Only the locals would have been riding it unless coming from Sicamous.

Reaction score
We arrived Sunday night and have had a blast in Revelstoke. Boulder , Frisby and today we did Area 51. 4- 4.5 ft of fresh snow made for some awesome riding! This was my first trip here and look forward to many more!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but it rained a lot in town. Havent been riding. Freeze line was around 1600m I believe. People were reporting snow was wet and heavy up there. It is very warm.

Buster1

Reaction score
We arrived Sunday night and have had a blast in Revelstoke. Boulder , Frisby and today we did Area 51. 4- 4.5 ft of fresh snow made for some awesome riding! This was my first trip here and look forward to many more!!

What kilometer mark did you park at on the FSR at area 51? We are planning on going there next week but we have a trailer and the last time I was there we were parking at km 7 and no roomfor trailers.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After talking with a few guys on this site "we" decided to meet up and head up the hill to either Blue or Owl's. I can only assume that "they" saw my grey hair when I was in the parking lot and decided not to go up with me as no one showed up, or at least no one that I was aware of. 0900 came and went and then so did I! A beautifully groomed trail courtesy of Glenn, and by the way, he spent 20 hrs on the trails and parking lot last night, that's some chunk of work to do!
I headed to Blue again, heard about the tumultuous amounts of snow up there and you know, they were almost right! Very foggy in and around the cabin but once you dropped down below that to the lake there was a ton of snow, although someone had already made a mess of it! But, there were still tons of areas to play in, once again "hero snow", hookup's were unreal and the XM really shines in these conditions. I played around here for a bit and then headed across the lake, cut a new trail off of 200hp to get up the hill, and, not a sled track around! The only unfortunate thing again, and that happens when you head up early, was the fog, it really settled in on the backside, but I was still able to make it up and over to Browns Pants. Once again, not a single track over on this side, so whoever has the good fortune to go over there will have some amazing riding, when there's no fog! I trudged my way back over the top trail and then dropped down to the cabin and up over to the Meadow's, pretty torn up here too but if you went down far enough there was again untouched snow. Back to the cabin area, a couple more pulls to finish toasting the sandy and then headed to Cummings Lk for lunch and then home, great conditions out there right now, although there is some avy sluffing in areas.
On a more somber note, for you long time Sicamous residents, we lost a great friend of ours last night, Ted Whitehead passed away at the age of 86, he will be truly missed by family and the Mrs. and I, he was a great friend and neighbor. Today's ride was kinda for him, he always used to come over when I was loading the sled and would say "What a waste of fu*&^%@ time and money, bunch of idiots up racing around in the snow, people with nothing more productive to do with their lives!", then he'd walk away! I of course would yell some expurlitives at him and he would just smile and wave his cane at me, what a guy! Pleasant journey Ted......Sherm

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice ride today sunny great trail some good snow found as well

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the snow?

There is about a foot and half of nice fluffy stuff in the untracked meadows , the open cutblocks have a bit of a crust on them. There were plenty of hills off the beaten path were you could climb in loose stuff and challenge yourself and sled

Top Bottom