Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
150114a.jpg rightsideup, were you and I riding together today???? LOL Yes, rightsideup and I did a trip up to Blue Lk area, he hadn't been around the lake so I gave the grandeoso tour! The trail up was great, thanks groomers, and we had a plentiful dose of sunshine all day, pretty spanky weather up top. We went across Blue Lk first, pretty beat up below the cabin, over to 911 but didn't drop down, not enough snow yet for this cowboy. We donked around in the meadows around the Sugar Loaf turnoff, then went over to Brown Pants and flogged that area, again, quite a few sleds had been through and it was really rutted up. As rightsideup mentioned, there was the odd path of untouched snow that we touched, so don't bother going there now! From BP we headed back to the cabin and then up and over to the meadows, again, pretty beat up, quite a few deep creek holes still around so beware. That and then a trip down to Cummings Lk to show rightsideup the trail and we called it a day! We definitely need a real good dump of snow, good to meet you Mark, we'll get up again when we can get more snow and you can really challenge that 174! Sherm

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a ****ty ear for snow so far, half way threw jan and were are still talking like this.. Brutal I guess we we not go that direction again

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth we are supposed to get some snow over the next 3 days but it doesn't look like its gonna be the ton and a half we need. Hey, we still got a couple months left, don't' give up on Mother Nature yet! I always say sledding is like fishing, some days you get skunked and some days you clean up, but its not always about getting fish, its just nice to be out there and today was one of those days up there, a beauty! OK, so I've had a beer or two, we all talk nonsense now and then...........Sherm

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With any luck it will be late in the season for a couple meter dumps. Would work right into my schedule.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never snowed for over 4weeks last year in January and early February,, Then BAM started snowing 3 feet every day. got my fingers crossed....

craig3972

Reaction score
I was going to head out to Sicky on friday, was thinking maybe eagles, but now maybe we will stop in Revy.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the sled club meeting , the groomer checked eagles 115 cm at the gas drop, owlshead at same elevation 195 cm....

Weird year

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes its not the greatest season but not the worst i've ever experienced. In 2000 the snow condition's were a lot worst.
From what i recall, it was the worst season for snow in all my years of sledding. With about 6ft of snow on average for the season that turned into concrete by mid January and we never saw fresh till late March for a small window of opportunity. Funny how i remember that year, probably because i bought 2 new 2000 Summit Highmarks 151 and didn't have the chance to really use them in deep snow as that was the biggest long track sled available from a factory at the time. What a disappointment.
1999 was an EPIC snow year though HAHAHA

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another trip up to Blue, this time with new comer Adam aka "treeclimber", made the trip all the way from Penticton with his new T3 174! Mark, aka "rightsideup" also joined us on his 174, that made me the "shorty" in the group with my paltry 163, boo hoo! We made a quick stop at the cabin and then went below it and across Blue Lk and over to 911. Pretty foggy everywhere we went and not as much snow as I had hoped, and in fact I think we got more down in Sicamous than up top! With that said, 4-6" was the max for new snow but it did fill in a few of the ruts. We popped in and out of meadows towards 911 and then made the mistake of going down in an area that was pretty much untouched for some time, and it was a bit of an ugly climb back out, just above 911. Well, the little 163 catwalked out but "treeclimbers" 150116a.jpg 174 kinda ended up planted in a stand of trees just above the main climb. It took some time to get the big tractor back on its wheels and pointed downhill again but no damage done and our lungs were cleared out from the work. I unfortunately did not get a pic of it simply because I was to lazy to walk back up to where my sled was to get my camera.
I did however get a picture of "someone" in our group of 3, and it wasn't me, and it wasn't Adam, but I'm not gonna say who it was, that had some problems on the bunny hill at the cabin with his 174. I'm thinking of doing a letter to BRP and request a longer track be put into production for 2016!! We flipped through the meadows a bit and got semi lost in the fog/snow and then called it a day, quick stop at Cummings and then back to the lot, great ride guys, thanks, good to meet you Adam, we'll keep in touch! Sherm

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 174 that got stuck on blue lake bunny hill was probably not the sleds fault ! Have driven the sled ! its a billy goat! The rider just needs a little more seat time ! lol On another note - not sure when the cup is gonna get to full and spill over - But ---- hopefully soon ! one of these days need to hook up sherm !

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually had a short "burn" on the 174 yesterday in a different area. My 38 seconds on it told me it does pull like a tractor and it does handle differently through the bars! I'll go sledding with ya as long as you promise not to make fun of my grey hair and will help me up when I fall down! Tweaked my back on that 174" yesterday getting it outta the trees, them's heavy sleds when they're laying down on the job! Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well treeclimber and I went out for a rip..... Went over and up around skyline.... Over to owlshead cabin and up and into eco.... Wind blown track up crappy snow everywhere..... ;-)

Well till we hit the stash.... No tracks but ours from two weekends ago, jumped a few goid creek holes ect, jumped one up bank other side and submarined one on the other side... Never seen a ski bend that far back lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well treeclimber and I went out for a rip..... Went over and up around skyline.... Over to owlshead cabin and up and into eco.... Wind blown track up crappy snow everywhere..... ;-)

Well till we hit the stash.... No tracks but ours from two weekends ago, jumped a few goid creek holes ect, jumped one up bank other side and submarined one on the other side... Never seen a ski bend that far back lol

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job tex78, that makes treeclimbers "stuck" from the day before look like childsplay! Did he mention he was gonna quit smoking? LOL Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job tex78, that makes treeclimbers "stuck" from the day before look like childsplay! Did he mention he was gonna quit smoking? LOL Sherm
Oh it was a good one, as soon as I got myself out of the snow bank above my sled and together

I stood up so he wouldn't run me over

He couldn't see me till he parked up top there

That's how far down I was lol

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice ! tracks not covered up since we we there few weeks ago ! Sad ! But looks like u found fresh - did u mark all the other graves for us to avoid ! Sherm - gonna try and come next weekend - unfortunately cant make fun of of your grey hair I have some of my own! lol

Top Bottom