Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A stranger part of the tale is that while I was sitting at 2km and waiting for "Crash Burgess" and his crew to show up, two more trucks WITH trailers as big as his pulled into the fricking lot! And, neither of the units had chains on their tires but because the road had been sanded they made it up. I figured they would have closed the road down entirely to truck/trailers but I guess not. I agree tex78, the boys should not have even started up the hill but it was their first time here and after seeing a km of dirt road I guess they figured the Dodge could make it up, whoops, did I saw Dodge???? I don't babysit 30 year old kids anymore, sometimes they've got to figure it out on their own I guess...Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For how icy it was for a sled on Saturday , I sure as hell would have had 2nd thoughts on going up with my deck

motorhead212

Reaction score
Looking at riding Owlhead tomorrow, will we have any issues getting to the 2km parking lot with a truck and deck? Has the road gotten any better?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom 1 km is a gravel ice mix, then it gets to snow ice just before 2 km

No driving up that road, if a sled spins out and has to take runs at the hills, how do ya think a truck will do...

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read about a fatal sled accident over on Hunter's yesterday. It kinda reminded me when we were up Owl's just the other day and we helped a 10 year old get his 600 Poo unstuck off a steep hill. No parents/adults around whatsoever. We got the sled out and had to even start it for the little guy, then his folks showed up about 10 minutes later. Not a thank you from any of them, the little guy could have been pinned under the sled or caught in a slide, amazing what parents do now adays. Here's the link to the accident:Snowmobile accident kills teen - BC News - Castanet.net

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read about a fatal sled accident over on Hunter's yesterday. It kinda reminded me when we were up Owl's just the other day and we helped a 10 year old get his 600 Poo unstuck off a steep hill. No parents/adults around whatsoever. We got the sled out and had to even start it for the little guy, then his folks showed up about 10 minutes later. Not a thank you from any of them, the little guy could have been pinned under the sled or caught in a slide, amazing what parents do now adays. Here's the link to the accident:Snowmobile accident kills teen - BC News - Castanet.net
my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Has anyone been up to eagles or owls lately, how's the snow conditions? still lots of land mines?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow thats too bad,, Condolences to the family.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Forest Gump once said "Stupid is as Stupid Does"
A stranger part of the tale is that while I was sitting at 2km and waiting for "Crash Burgess" and his crew to show up, two more trucks WITH trailers as big as his pulled into the fricking lot! And, neither of the units had chains on their tires but because the road had been sanded they made it up. I figured they would have closed the road down entirely to truck/trailers but I guess not. I agree tex78, the boys should not have even started up the hill but it was their first time here and after seeing a km of dirt road I guess they figured the Dodge could make it up, whoops, did I saw Dodge???? I don't babysit 30 year old kids anymore, sometimes they've got to figure it out on their own I guess...Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why there aren't more Sicamous reports on this thread, they seem to have migrated to the "other" thread but whatever, I'll stick to this one. Did a trip up to Blue Lk this AM, first one on the newly groomed trail I might add! Pretty skimpy on the snow for the first 1.5 km, the groomer cleats dug right to the dirt. Once past that though she was a autobahn hwy, thank's groomer guys! Nice ride all the way in to Blue, somewhat disappointed by the lack of snow though, only 3-4" of fresh and the place was really tracked out. I took the top trail over to Brown Pants, some real nice areas that hadn't been touched but zero vis along with flat light made it a "no go" area for a solo rider. So, I backtracked, took the trail down to Blue Lk, past 200HP Hill and tried that side, again, pretty much zero vis and again all tracked out. The snow that I could find was of the hero variety, unreal traction/hookup, hard to keep the front wheels down! From there I had a peek at Cummings Lk, great spot for families if they go up there, hang a left right at the main turn by the Blue Lake Cabin sign. I tried to go out the backside of the lake but again, lack of snow and some pretty decent sized logs prevented a trail through that area yet. Back down the trail which had been almost destroyed past the Owl's turnoff, and after only 58 sleds/snow bikes. I did a rant in the general snowmobiling section about the trails and the whiners, they just don't seem to want to go away, Unc Gord is going to deal with one of them, spoke to him at the bottom of the hill. Pretty nice day up there even though it was snowing and a lack of snow, I still like the trail ride and fresh air, and still made it home in time to watch the Junior Hockey playoffs! Sherm

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sherm. I get confused as to where I should look for updates with both of these threads.

Be nice once Queest logging stops. I know there are the other ways to go in but when staying in town its just nice to go up the road.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Passed u this am going to be u e Sherm

Figured it was u, by urself

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit does anyone have a Tex to english translator??
I will take a shot "on the way to our special secret riding area we passed by you Sherm assuming it was you riding by yourself on your shiny new orange summit

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was me boys, not to many orange ones around by the looks of it. Like I told some others, its easy to spot from the air! Guess I'll have to start sleeping in so I head up the hill later and meet up with you guys, bad habit of getting up early and wanting to go! I checked out some special secret hidden unlikely spots but most were to fogged in for my eyes, and I hate digging myself out! Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was me boys, not to many orange ones around by the looks of it. Like I told some others, its easy to spot from the air! Guess I'll have to start sleeping in so I head up the hill later and meet up with you guys, bad habit of getting up early and wanting to go! I checked out some special secret hidden unlikely spots but most were to fogged in for my eyes, and I hate digging myself out! Sherm
Ya not a good idea to ride alone, off trail more so than trail

Tomorrow is going to be epic deep

Top Bottom