Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to Unc Gord that Blue Lk Rd is all FUBAR'd, they dug it right down to the dirt the whole way, not recommend for travel with the sleds. That and no grooming in the near future for Owlshead route up due to lack of snow, sounds like the sleds will be getting a rest. Even the report about Eagles wasn't that good on the sled site, minimal snow again...Sherm

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , hope thing change in the next 3 week , when i get back from Cuba i am hoping to get out sledding.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well let's hope there's lots of snow ect in the near future

This weekend sucked, mopping around the house ect...

Worst thing is what's it going to be like down the road as far as avys... Will be sketchy for some time if it snows good

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just came back from lunch with Dan who's the treasurer for the Sicamous club and he showed me an interested video, taken this past weekend. It was of the creek that flows across the trail on the way to the Owlhead cabin, the ice bridge is gone and its now 4' of water flowing across the trail! I think we need more snow....Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just came back from lunch with Dan who's the treasurer for the Sicamous club and he showed me an interested video, taken this past weekend. It was of the creek that flows across the trail on the way to the Owlhead cabin, the ice bridge is gone and its now 4' of water flowing across the trail! I think we need more snow....Sherm
Crap that sucks, that's the bridge that's out too

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is Kuster riding with all these depressing conditions? He is dooing the demo tour again for a couple weeks now I believe.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yikes ! thats not good ! Gonna be a late start to riding season!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the traditional after Xmas ride might not happen this year ! :(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not unless we get snow, I bet even 2 km to 5 km there's not much on the trail

That's bad and sad lol

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we dont get any snow - gonna be little a parking nightmare at 2km - parking lot fills up fast ! Need the ski to open up and Unload !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we dont get any snow - gonna be little a parking nightmare at 2km - parking lot fills up fast ! Need the ski to open up and Unload !
Problem is the road is so bad and icy, they may have to scrape it

Cause even with chains to go up and down its touch and go day to day I've heard

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of, We need triple the snow to ride from bottom lot

Looks like may come, but who knows

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a helluva lot but when you haven't seen snow in town for a week or more anything looks good! About 3-4 cm in town, most of its melted off the driveways already, but it should mean a bit more snow up top that will stick around for a while...Sherm

Top Bottom