Drivers Pressed on and off Axle 07 Summit

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need my stock 9tooth drivers pressed off my axle and the new 7tooth avids pressed on and correctly aligned, i have the shop manual with the measurements but can't find a place closer to my side of town in Calgary that will do it. Bow cycle south doesn't have the tools and the other bow cycle is across town, The racers edge will do it but there even further than the original bow cycle (there in Dwinton right?). Does anyone have a press and the tools to do this properly and maybe have done these before?

Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need my stock 9tooth drivers pressed off my axle and the new 7tooth avids pressed on and correctly aligned, i have the shop manual with the measurements but can't find a place closer to my side of town in Calgary that will do it. Bow cycle south doesn't have the tools and the other bow cycle is across town, The racers edge will do it but there even further than the original bow cycle (there in Dwinton right?). Does anyone have a press and the tools to do this properly and maybe have done these before?

Thanks

I may know of a 20 Ton press at the NW side of the city if you want (just north of Beddington up Simon's Valley Road). I might also know someone who has done this before. ;);)

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may know of a 20 Ton press at the NW side of the city if you want (just north of Beddington up Simon's Valley Road). I might also know someone who has done this before. ;);)

Thanks MM, Ralphs Arctic cat said they would do at and also Bow south suggested i take them to Walt Healy, theres a guy there that has done lots of doo drivers and does all the sled stuff for Walt, i left them there and well see if it gets done properly haha, i still may need yer buddies help if they arn't aligned right...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks MM, Ralphs Arctic cat said they would do at and also Bow south suggested i take them to Walt Healy, theres a guy there that has done lots of doo drivers and does all the sled stuff for Walt, i left them there and well see if it gets done properly haha, i still may need yer buddies help if they arn't aligned right...

Ya, no worries, it looks harder than it is. not really that hard to do. biggest thing is making sure they are aligned, #2 thing is making sure they are timed correctly.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also we used to put the drive shaft ina lathe and spin them to make sure that they were spinning true and straight aswell. Sometimes they'd wobble a bit and they'd need straightened out with some pursuation.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm that would have been good to check out, drivers are already on... It cost me $150 from Walt in shop time :( a lot more than i was hoping for.

Top Bottom