Drive Shaft issue

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you used Cherry max? From what I remember, solid rivets need a bucking bar.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine also has absolutely no glue coming from join. Recall on A-arm is getting done today and if this holds true, new drive shaft shortly after

IEATSRT

Reaction score
How many km on the shafts that failed?

I've heard anywhere from the dealers showroom up to 170 miles. I know the assault doesn't have QD but what shaft is the assault using?? Same design as the pro? Probably not near as many assaults out there.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holly phuk cuso were using a avinox stainless rivit where the center pin stay in so your not talking a shitty little aluminum rivet for holding on a snow flap. This it a structural rivet the same thing holding tunnels together on lots of sleds. Like I said Ill try it. but Ill let ya know Cuso

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Persistent little guy eh. You must really be worried about the Poo guys, that's nice that you're expending so much concern.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoulda posted this in the doo section but since everyone's eyeballing this thread ill post it here. My buddy took his XM for a rip around home and noticed his sled sagging more than it did to begin with. After checking out the skid he noticed that the bolt connecting the upper part of the skid with the slides towards the rear of this fancy t-motion set up had broke. Did some researching and found this on snowest as well.. Same issue.

photo-63.png

Last edited:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Shoulda posted this in the doo section but since everyone's eyeballing this thread ill post it here. My buddy took his XM for a rip around home and noticed his sled sagging more than it did to begin with. After checking out the skid he noticed that the bolt connecting the upper part of the skid with the slides towards the rear of this fancy t-motion set up. Did some researching and found this on snowest as well.. Same issue.

photo-63.png

Hard to tell whats going on there.....but thats alot of stress on one little bolt..... maybe you could improve your internet skills and save the picture and paste it here? Actually, there should be a new thread started on troubles with all the new fangled expensive pro-super-XM mountain type sleds.....lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bolt in the pivot is the same shaft size as a xp. It's just not as long.

So I would say its tougher cause its shorter.

sent from my htc

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell whats going on there.....but thats alot of stress on one little bolt..... maybe you could improve your internet skills and save the picture and paste it here? Actually, there should be a new thread started on troubles with all the new fangled expensive pro-super-XM mountain type sleds.....lol

i just posted that screen shot from my iPod cuz the pic doesn't really show squat but it shows that my buddy isn't the only one with that issue. Does seen like a lot of stress.. Wondering if it was over tightened or if its going to be an issue?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Kyle I hear ya but, lets keep this thread on the pro and its probs with the shaft and not start with the doo ch!t be the better man........ but I hear ya.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes let's keep it on the po po problems.

That's what keeps Crisco bills payed.

Kind of like Ford's and mechanics

sent from my htc

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Kyle I hear ya but, lets keep this thread on the pro and its probs with the shaft and not start with the doo ch!t be the better man........ but I hear ya.

Sorry not trying to start an all out bashing thread, figured I'd share that to remind some people that nothing's perfect.

anyways, back on topic.. Any other reported issues with these pro's?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes let's keep it on the po po problems.

That's what keeps Crisco bills payed.

Kind of like Ford's and mechanics

sent from my htc

To funny Tex wish that were true lol, cant get rich worken on sleds its just fun for me. good thing I have OK TIRE that pays the bills.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Settle down princess..

Holly phuk cuso were using a avinox stainless rivit where the center pin stay in so your not talking a shitty little aluminum rivet for holding on a snow flap. This it a structural rivet the same thing holding tunnels together on lots of sleds. Like I said Ill try it. but Ill let ya know Cuso

Top Bottom