Drive Shaft issue

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And for you more illiterate group, my feelings ain't hurt,..... I'm annoyed and sick of your $hit.
FYI I took this ch!t every day in 08 as a Doo deal so trust me This little school yard my sh^ts better than your sh^t is childs play.Don't take everything personal You will have alot more fun with it when you can seperate fact from fiction.

Last edited:

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today i built some clamps to clamp over the driveshaft to strengthen around the area where its breaking. They can be installed on both sides, and while the shaft is on the sled, here are some pics. There available at Parkland Motorsports for $70
fix3.jpg fix 4.jpg
fix1.jpg pix2.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind the big drill holes at the corners? I would have thought that was the area where contact was most important.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind the big drill holes at the corners? I would have thought that was the area where contact was most important.
I think it would help stop it from cracking? Good job Tyson.H E-Z Fix tell polaris can address this issuse.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the holes are there to clear 1 of the corners that have a square coming of them the other 3 are because i programmed it in and noticed i didn't need them till after but with the holed it fits nice against the flats and the corners dont push it out of place so they worked out good.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasnt really thinking of your post, it actually seemed to be unite informative, but if you see yourself in the group I was talking about, well that's your issue. No hate here, just an annoyance that I know a pile of others feel, but are maybe too nice or reluctant to talk about. The same beakers, same BS, self congratulatory crowing, under the guise of genuine concern. Ok, lots of guys do care, and sympathize, as I do, but unfortunately as is very evident for all to see , there's a few who are just yapping to re affirm to the world how smart they are they didn't buy one of those POS (insert brand) cause their Doo is so much better.
Same guys same crap, gets tired.

I have alot of good friends that ride Polaris. Brand bashing aside the last thing I want to see is one of my buddy's get hurt on the hill. With you Lenny it is a natural assumption that anyone that rides a Doo is "the enemy". Get over the feelings that you need to be the Polaris Police and quit looking into every post as something with ulterior motives.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rotary tooling is has a radius to factor in. It is easier to program the CNC to "notch out the corners", then to rather 'file' out the corners another way. It also reduces a chance to crack at the stress points.

WICKED JOB Tyson.H!!

As for poopypants lennyr. I am sure you would be jumping all over us if the "wobbly skid" fails.....

I get an update from Snowest, every week, even though I don't go on there.

3/4 of the hottest threads is on the shaft failure. Luckily there is only a couple on here.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have alot of good friends that ride Polaris. Brand bashing aside the last thing I want to see is one of my buddy's get hurt on the hill. With you Lenny it is a natural assumption that anyone that rides a Doo is "the enemy". Get over the feelings that you need to be the Polaris Police and quit looking into every post as something with ulterior motives.

Thanks for your suggestions. But this wasn't really about Doo -Poo, it was about the motives of so many posters regarding the Poo issues and their obvious pleasure in the Pro buyers possible problems. It's immature and assinine. So, no, your enemy theory is far from fact. I look in my garage and see a Pro and a XP sitting side by side. I like riding one more than the other, but I realize they both have issues. So this is more about the close minded insecure weenies rather than sleds.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the internet. Get over it sally.

Thanks for your suggestions. But this wasn't really about Doo -Poo, it was about the motives of so many posters regarding the Poo issues and their obvious pleasure in the Pro buyers possible problems. It's immature and assinine. So, no, your enemy theory is far from fact. I look in my garage and see a Pro and a XP sitting side by side. I like riding one more than the other, but I realize they both have issues. So this is more about the close minded insecure weenies rather than sleds.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Job... My question is and excuse me if it is pointless.. Will that rotating mass of the clamp(s) create an unbalanced effect over the drive train?... Creating another possible issue...

Well today i built some clamps to clamp over the driveshaft to strengthen around the area where its breaking. They can be installed on both sides, and while the shaft is on the sled, here are some pics. There available at Parkland Motorsports for $70
View attachment 141734View attachment 141735
View attachment 141736View attachment 141737

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, if the driver in one revolution makes 1.9 feet, and spins 1000 rpm, you will go 1900 feet in one minute.
That's a lot of speed for a mountain sled, and 1000 rpm is slow.
Great Job... My question is and excuse me if it is pointless.. Will that rotating mass of the clamp(s) create an unbalanced effect over the drive train?... Creating another possible issue...

Top Bottom