Do's and don'ts of mountain riding

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
1. Even if your one of those people that never practices with your beacon, but you still wear one. If an avy goes off and people are searching,( yes, the ones that practice it lots), at least remember to turn yours from send to receive to not screw up the search.

2. Never ever ever climb 2 at a time, or go to "HELP" your buddy stuck on a steep slope.
My pal rode past me where i was stuck about 5 years ago, and triggered a slide. I lived, my sled got messed up some.

3. I have spent the night in the bush sledding, always pack lots of extra water, food, and stuff to light a fire.

4. Always look where you want to go.....if you fixate for even a second on that tree, rock, or parked sled, you WILL hit it. Look away and where you wish to go always.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that you should always ride with nephews,sons, or the younger crowd because they will just about always come over and help out the old guys. It usually works for a while until they say enough is enough.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just because "he" did it doesn't mean you should do it. if your buddy does something maybe have a look and see if it's safe first? especially a blind drop, first hand experience of having a nice cat parked on my seat...

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this one back to the top a lot of new members as of late might find this helpfull!

Top Bottom