dont jump on the hype of the 2013 rmk pro like i did

scott jass

Reaction score
my name is scott i bought a brand new 2013 rmk pro 800 155 on oct. 6 i made it home unloaded the sled and started towards the garage i didnt make it before the jack shaft gernaded. now they are talking about a recall on the part. i would really consider on waiting to see what they r going to do before buying one.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we better start a Pro Rmk problem thread. 2 recalls already....and the snow isn't even on the ground

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it could be a crappy Kat and have chit in the air box and stuffing motors or air in the oil lines stuffing motors.

Mabe Polaris will give free driven belts as a plus :D

sent from my htc

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
should have bought a 1993 SKS.....

If your not a dick LHF may let you ride his....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A hand full of cats blew up and some others had belt issues. I rode with 3 1100 turbos and 5 m800. Non of them had any issues other than reverse. All of them have between 1500-2500 miles trouble free. And cat stepped up with extra warranty for everyone. Plus recalled and fixed the problems. Unlike the 2008 xp that was a big problem with no recalls. Doo called it updates and charged to fix driveshafts. Belt spitting. Poor motors ect. Cats biggest problem was poor dealer pdi

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A hand full of cats blew up and some others had belt issues. I rode with 3 1100 turbos and 5 m800. Non of them had any issues other than reverse. All of them have between 1500-2500 miles trouble free. And cat stepped up with extra warranty for everyone. Plus recalled and fixed the problems. Unlike the 2008 xp that was a big problem with no recalls. Doo called it updates and charged to fix driveshafts. Belt spitting. Poor motors ect. Cats biggest problem was poor dealer pdi
What's a handful? I know of one guy alone that had a handful of blown up m8s. I experienced the reverse issue on the 1100 to an extreme that most never experienced. It would not go back into forward gear and me, Bret Rasmussen and the rest of the crew pulled out of the bush by hand lol.
No one paid for a driveshaft update. Even most belts were covered. If you think brp hasn't put controls in place so that never happens again you are wrong. They now put new sleds in the hands of hard riders months ahead of time to bag the piss out of them ad find issues.But that's 2007 this is 2012. How did the shaft grenade? Just sheared in half?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: win

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Puff puff pass.....

a hand full of cats blew up and some others had belt issues. I rode with 3 1100 turbos and 5 m800. Non of them had any issues other than reverse. All of them have between 1500-2500 miles trouble free. And cat stepped up with extra warranty for everyone. Plus recalled and fixed the problems. Unlike the 2008 xp that was a big problem with no recalls. Doo called it updates and charged to fix driveshafts. Belt spitting. Poor motors ect. Cats biggest problem was poor dealer pdi

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All driveshafts were warrantied. 80% of the belts were covered. Consumers got an extra year free warranty on the motors of the 07's and 08 800r engines. All the manufactureres have been pretty proactive with first year problems in my opinion.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my name is scott i bought a brand new 2013 rmk pro 800 155 on oct. 6 i made it home unloaded the sled and started towards the garage i didnt make it before the jack shaft gernaded. now they are talking about a recall on the part. i would really consider on waiting to see what they r going to do before buying one.

Nice try fredw.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read they were able to save weight on the A-arms by using a glue to hold the arms to the spindle.. Doesn't seem like it would save a bunch of weight compared to a bead of weld, just be cheaper to manufacturer so would save cost..

Top Bottom