Does anyone know if you can ride to Corbin from west coleman?

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been looking at a property in west Coleman, when i look at google earth it looks like its about 8km the way crow flys to Corbin area from west coleman. does anyone have any idea about the riding south of west coleman? is it reachable to get to Corbin ranges by sled?

thanks very much.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a trail from the Inn on the Border that gets to Corbin. Not sure if there is anything between Coleman and the Inn.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a route we took once years ago but we had to go pretty far towards the flathead as the divide wasn't passable from the AB side for at least 30km, maybe more like 35km. Round trip I want to say it was 120km with riding, basically half the day to get to the good riding and back. Its pretty rugged terrain from what I recall but thats not saying there isn't a way, just not a route we could find. And cold...its always cold down there. lol

If accessing Corbin from Coleman is one of the selling features of the property I would give it a thorough look and look into what the AB government has planned for OHV restrictions for the area in the near future as there are more areas coming up that could impact your decision.

Big Diesel

Reaction score
Ya from the inn on the border there is away, we parked a trailer in there in the 90 and road out of there for years, you come out on Corbin road just south of the tin shack, not sure who owns the Inn now but that was back when Darren and Tammy owned it

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been told there is a way, I believe it was from the area where the plane crash is but I've never been on it...apparently it's big time ugly terrain to climb and cross. I haven't been there for years but we always use to cross the middle Kootenay Pass from Westcastle to the Flathead valley.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a route we took once years ago but we had to go pretty far towards the flathead as the divide wasn't passable from the AB side for at least 30km, maybe more like 35km. Round trip I want to say it was 120km with riding, basically half the day to get to the good riding and back. Its pretty rugged terrain from what I recall but thats not saying there isn't a way, just not a route we could find. And cold...its always cold down there. lol

If accessing Corbin from Coleman is one of the selling features of the property I would give it a thorough look and look into what the AB government has planned for OHV restrictions for the area in the near future as there are more areas coming up that could impact your decision.

I wonder if the way you went was over the North Kootenay pass? I have done that from the townsite before. Long way around and lots of time not enough snow down low.
you are correct about the NDP plans for the area. I believe sledding will be wiped out in that area.

I left that area after spending a good portion of my working days there. Not only is it cold the wind will drive you to suicide.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
If conditions are right you can punch up over the plane crash into Andy good basin but I think you would be better off driving around. Not sure if you would be able to go down from there to Corbin as there is some sketchy scree slopes and huge avy paths. We went there over the top once sledding and came up from the Corbin side on quads once.

Top Bottom