Doctor Creek

cat900

Reaction score
Was up at doctor creek the past weeked it was good going.Past the cabin:theCabin: Up at the lake there is some good climbing.Went back down into the valley and started to hit the chutes pretty good. Hard layer of snow on top sugary under. It was like spring ridding back in there can go almost anywere you want.couple of sleders day before got chased buy a small av. stay off the south side of the slopes and all is good:nono:.Did not get to far back in as i had a rockie with me but it was alright. Did not have a chance to make into forester.Jumbo Pass is good past panorama lots of snow, could not find trail into Silent Pass. :(.

DooSummit

Reaction score
I believe Doctor Creek is south west of Fairmont hot springs. Are you talking about riding from Doctor Creek to Forester? It would be over 150 km to silent pass from Doctor........

cat900

Reaction score
Jumbo pass is past Panorama ski resort. Its around 18km past the resort to the Jumbo Pass fs road. You would have to sled in from panorama if the road is not open.but you can usualy drive in to the km 18 marker with a 4x4. Dont recomend any big trailers to drive in there. They are trying to distroy that area with another huge ski resort due to plentiful snow and buitiful country back in there. The local people are trying to vote it out and save the prestine area from development. My self i hope it stays the way it is. There is some good bowls to play in if you can find the right trails in. Not to many people go back in their. The back roads map book edition #5 shows some new sledding areas in this area as well as some great secluded hot springs not far out of Canal Flats just to relax in after a great day of sledding and drink a few cold ones to unwind.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jumbo pass is past Panorama ski resort. Its around 18km past the resort to the Jumbo Pass fs road. You would have to sled in from panorama if the road is not open.but you can usualy drive in to the km 18 marker with a 4x4. Dont recomend any big trailers to drive in there. They are trying to distroy that area with another huge ski resort due to plentiful snow and buitiful country back in there. The local people are trying to vote it out and save the prestine area from development. My self i hope it stays the way it is. There is some good bowls to play in if you can find the right trails in. Not to many people go back in their. The back roads map book edition #5 shows some new sledding areas in this area as well as some great secluded hot springs not far out of Canal Flats just to relax in after a great day of sledding and drink a few cold ones to unwind.

Jumbo is actually closed to sledding....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up at doctor creek the past weeked it was good going.Past the cabin:theCabin: Up at the lake there is some good climbing.Went back down into the valley and started to hit the chutes pretty good. Hard layer of snow on top sugary under. It was like spring ridding back in there can go almost anywere you want.couple of sleders day before got chased buy a small av. stay off the south side of the slopes and all is good:nono:.Did not get to far back in as i had a rockie with me but it was alright. Did not have a chance to make into forester.Jumbo Pass is good past panorama lots of snow, could not find trail into Silent Pass. :(.
You took a noob into doctor???

cat900

Reaction score
Ya i took a noob into doctor he did all right he got stuck a few times nothing major. it was not to bad to get around in there.

sleded1

Reaction score
Agreed with jumbo closed to sledders, you can only go on the valley floor and no roads other wise section 105 and 52 of the forest practice code will be enforced. Got some love letters on the truck, I can see their point though,,,,,

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea just wanted to expand on that, there is a large sign in the MIDDLE of the road up there. And if you missed that there is about 2 heli fuelling stations up there as well for dead give aways. If you want to get prosecuted, see some fines, mayby loose a sled, or worse, head on up. There are lots of heli skiers and helicopters up there that would be more than willing to call you in.

If i am not mistaken, that would also be trespassing as the land up there is owned by jumbo mountain resort, and i think they lease some out to heli ski operations as well themselves. Might be in worse trouble up there than something like playing around on the T-water glacier. Those map books havent updated anything, i think it was 10yrs ago you could ride up there but not anymore...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i took a noob into doctor he did all right he got stuck a few times nothing major. it was not to bad to get around in there.
if things go sideways in there I would not want to rely on a someone with limited experience to search for me. The entire area is a big terrain trap.
Had you been in before?

cat900

Reaction score
Ya i seen all the signs and know all the rules about the pass. If you stay at the cabin during the winter you can get permision to use a snowmobile to get to the cabin to bring in supplies. thats about it. Im just saying I would not like to see the uropean country thats trying to develop a resort in the jumpo pass area not go threw . Its a graet place to do some heli and back country skiing at. So what im saying is the resort will do more damage to the eco system there than a couple sleds. How many more off these ski-resots do we need in that area. im with the locals of invermer to not allow the resort to build.

cat900

Reaction score
Ya i have been in back of doctor creek a few times. With the newbie i did not take him to far back anywere. went up to the lake past the cabin.came back down to the valley thats about it. Kept a low profile with the newbie did not want myself or him to get in a jam would not be good back in their

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i seen all the signs and know all the rules about the pass. If you stay at the cabin during the winter you can get permision to use a snowmobile to get to the cabin to bring in supplies. thats about it. Im just saying I would not like to see the uropean country thats trying to develop a resort in the jumpo pass area not go threw . Its a graet place to do some heli and back country skiing at. So what im saying is the resort will do more damage to the eco system there than a couple sleds. How many more off these ski-resots do we need in that area. im with the locals of invermer to not allow the resort to build.

Nope, no sledding at all above the road..... I don't think you could even get a sled in there until spring.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i have been in back of doctor creek a few times. With the newbie i did not take him to far back anywere. went up to the lake past the cabin.came back down to the valley thats about it. Kept a low profile with the newbie did not want myself or him to get in a jam would not be good back in their

Agreed, it is an unforgiving area.

Tacodriver

Reaction score
Just thought i would let people know that Tembec has a contractor logging on the Dr creek road @ the 33 km, the road will be impassible during the week due to a yarder sitting on the road and logs coming down the hill. On the weekend we will be trying to move the yarder enough to allow pickups by but that depends on how wide the road is, sleds will be able to get by. Hope this helps, the road has been plowed up to around the 36 km i think.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would let people know that Tembec has a contractor logging on the Dr creek road @ the 33 km, the road will be impassible during the week due to a yarder sitting on the road and logs coming down the hill. On the weekend we will be trying to move the yarder enough to allow pickups by but that depends on how wide the road is, sleds will be able to get by. Hope this helps, the road has been plowed up to around the 36 km i think.

Thanks for the great post and letting folks know what is going on, its very appreciated. Is there a radio frequency for the road that you can post in case someone is heading in there?

Top Bottom