Do they ever listen??

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
This thread is about salespeople not women.....well unless the salesperson is a woman

So i'm at the Dodge dealer getting an oil change so I decide to walk the lot and look at new heavy duty's which there was nothing that peaked my interest. Out slinks a salesman "pretty nice trucks huh?" I say " all I see is farmer trucks and oil field trucks" (long boxes and plain jane white) " well what are you looking for?"..."1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab"..."no i don't see 1 of those...but what are you driving now?" "hemi sport halfer" " pre 08?" " 04" " oh you must be spending a ton gas you must get horible gas milage?" " If I wanted gas milage I would have bought a Toyota" "Yeah their pretty good" " Come over here I have exactly what you what" so we walk over to the half tons " here is what you are looking for (1500 laramie) I said " you didn't listen to a word I said" " yeah you said laramie non dually non mega cab" " no sh!t they don't make a dually or a mega cab in a 1/2 ton....i see you don't have what I need" started walking away " what was it you wanted?" "1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab" "Yeah if you want something THAT specific we will have to put out a search at it might take up to a month" "Thats ok Sherwood dodge has about 15 on the lot all different colors I was there yesterday" " you might wanna ask they maybe they are all sold a pending pick up :rolleyes: ......But in the next couple weeks I have 17 trucks coming in i'm not sure what they are if half tons or heavy dutys so if you what my card you can keep checking with me maybe I will get something in like that unless it sold right off the truck" I said "no thanks no rush to get one they build them everyday"

My wifes work is close by stop pick up her car a take it to nissan to get an oil change I again walk the lot. Out walks the salesman "what can I do for you?" " nothing just getting an oil change and it's nice out so I thought I would walk around" " Oh what kinda of car is it?" " a year old Altima" "why did what to get rid of it?" "I not getting rid of it" " well everyone who comes here walks around looking at new cars wants to buy one" " You didn't hear a word I said... I said i'm getting an oil change and it was nice out so I was walking the lot" " well if there is anything I can help you with just look for me"

:nono:

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is about salespeople not women.....well unless the salesperson is a woman

So i'm at the Dodge dealer getting an oil change so I decide to walk the lot and look at new heavy duty's which there was nothing that peaked my interest. Out slinks a salesman "pretty nice trucks huh?" I say " all I see is farmer trucks and oil field trucks" (long boxes and plain jane white) " well what are you looking for?"..."1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab"..."no i don't see 1 of those...but what are you driving now?" "hemi sport halfer" " pre 08?" " 04" " oh you must be spending a ton gas you must get horible gas milage?" " If I wanted gas milage I would have bought a Toyota" "Yeah their pretty good" " Come over here I have exactly what you what" so we walk over to the half tons " here is what you are looking for (1500 laramie) I said " you didn't listen to a word I said" " yeah you said laramie non dually non mega cab" " no sh!t they don't make a dually or a mega cab in a 1/2 ton....i see you don't have what I need" started walking away " what was it you wanted?" "1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab" "Yeah if you want something THAT specific we will have to put out a search at it might take up to a month" "Thats ok Sherwood dodge has about 15 on the lot all different colors I was there yesterday" " you might wanna ask they maybe they are all sold a pending pick up :rolleyes: ......But in the next couple weeks I have 17 trucks coming in i'm not sure what they are if half tons or heavy dutys so if you what my card you can keep checking with me maybe I will get something in like that unless it sold right off the truck" I said "no thanks no rush to get one they build them everyday"

hahahahahahaaha, wow, which dealer was that and what was the guys name? I feel like going and messing with the guy!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats friggin' awesome!

Next time I'm in the market I'm just going to say exactly what I want, if they don't have it or if they show me something else... "Bye!"

All they have on their mind is commission..... :rolleyes:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Same kinda deal here.Was lookin at new dually's one day,just tire kickin,sure enough salesman came rushing out.(if you were buying you probly couldn't find a salesman)Told him point blank"I AM NOT BUYING A TRUCK" He still insisted I test-drive one.What the heck,lets go for a rip!!!Checked off-the-line response,zero-60,how high rpm the engine brake work,how well it handled pot holes, etc....
He was getting a litttle pissed,when I repeated"I'm not buying this truck!!!" I think he believed me this time.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same kinda deal here.Was lookin at new dually's one day,just tire kickin,sure enough salesman came rushing out.(if you were buying you probly couldn't find a salesman)Told him point blank"I AM NOT BUYING A TRUCK" He still insisted I test-drive one.What the heck,lets go for a rip!!!Checked off-the-line response,zero-60,how high rpm the engine brake work,how well it handled pot holes, etc....
He was getting a litttle pissed,when I repeated"I'm not buying this truck!!!" I think he believed me this time.

Thats some hard core tire kicking! :beer:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please tell me the guy at the Dodge dealership was Todd MacDonald... oh please please!!!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

:confused:...U class Long boxes as farmer trucks ! :eek::d Good one! Hope U find what your looking for or you can skip over to Ford & check out the new F-150 nice units ... Satisfaction Guaranteed :):beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Please tell me the guy at the Dodge dealership was Todd MacDonald... oh please please!!!

No Idea never got that far

hahahahahahaaha, wow, which dealer was that and what was the guys name? I feel like going and messing with the guy!

I'll PM you the dealer

:confused:...U class Long boxes as farmer trucks ! :eek::d Good one! Hope U find what your looking for or you can skip over to Ford & check out the new F-150 nice units ... Satisfaction Guaranteed :):beer:

Yup all farmers and k-boyz have Loooong boxes.....F150? pfffttt please....I don't "mind" the super dootie but a 4 door shortbox doesn't fit in my garage without taking out the workbench......hell I even offered to buy Ron's as is but the cheap bugger wouldn't go for it :d

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying this kinda stuff happens to other people then cyle. Wow we all need to heed his advice. :d:beer:

My wifes work is close by stop pick up her car a take it to nissan to get an oil change I again walk the lot. Out walks the salesman "what can I do for you?" " nothing just getting an oil change and it's nice out so I thought I would walk around" " Oh what kinda of car is it?" " a year old Altima" "why did what to get rid of it?" "I not getting rid of it" " well everyone who comes here walks around looking at new cars wants to buy one" " You didn't hear a word I said... I said i'm getting an oil change and it was nice out so I was walking the lot" " well if there is anything I can help you with just look for me"

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You could never convince me to buy a Ford.... I think they make terrible trucks. Especially the "PowerJoke" line. :nono:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your story is so common.
We went looking for a SUV a year ago.
Not brand specific just shopping.

I asked for V-6 AWD with side curtain airbags and that it is not for me the wife..

Well what B.S. we had with sales...Almost all the dealers only talked to me..
I would say don't talk to me not my vehicle or show us wrong vehicles...

They don't listen....

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the Salesman defense they are just doing there job, trying to move inventory thats on the lot before bringing units in from other dealerships.

They make extra commission selling what's on their lot. I went to my buddy of mine and was like I want an H2 Hummer or an Escalade. He shows me Denali's, na I'm not in love with those, well what do you want, I can get you whatever you want, I want a H2 Hummer, okay let's see heres a Hummer for under $35,000.00, oh it's an H3... My other buddy I sold a house too, I told him I wanted a Hummer, he gets me to sit in a Patriot and a Jeep Cherokee shows me all the functions tells me why it's better then a Hummer.

I think they'd be better off making small talk and building a relationship. Get your number and give you a call back in a week to see if you were able to find something.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could never convince me to buy a Ford.... I think they make terrible trucks. Especially the "PowerJoke" line. :nono:

The powerjoke that is leading the diesels in almost every category?

The gas engines are pretty terrible to cranking out 411 horse and similar torque.

Ford must make a terrible truck since they have been the best selling truck for how many years? 45? But like they say "Built Ford tough, without your tax dollars"

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What categories are those? Last time i checked the weren't top for power, torque, fuel milage, towing(not sure).

But i think and beleive that for one it is hard to beat the allison transmission. And from things that i've seen the duramax motor's are awesome and tough.
A freind of mine had a 2008 ford diesiel i and he finally got rid of it after he had enough of extremely poor milage and it blew 3 rads apart and a list of other things. Some people love there fords but me i wouldn't own one. If one was given to me i'd sell it to go and buy a gmc/chevy.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lmao,, ya Murm try hiring these sales guys bahahahahaha

FYI,, you want a good sales guy call in and ask reception for a nice well rounded sales guy usually they put you threw to a good one,, and dont be afraid of the veteran or #1 guy, they know what they are doing its all good you can still call another store and confirm good pricing

sales is a tuff full comission job and they learn a lot on their own so usually the new eager guy is the one running outside knowing nothing unfortuneatly

PS dont be afraid of the guy on the lot,, be afraid of your car out of your site in dark room up in the air with a COMISSIONED BASED mechanic that hates life because they cant make any money any more so they up sell everything,, thats what I would worry about not some dummy face to face,,

***the best strenght a sales person can have is "TO LISTEN" not talk but this is hard to teach in many fields lol
good luck

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The gas engines are pretty terrible to cranking out 411 horse and similar torque.

Ford must make a terrible truck since they have been the best selling truck for how many years? 45? But like they say "Built Ford tough, without your tax dollars"

Right on Brutha!!!:amen::Cool9::Happy6:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not too sure how they lead when a Silverado 3500 tows more, and does it faster with less sag in the suspension, not to mention stops faster, and has a better exhaust brake, and stronger chassis.... Not to mention the million year lag the turbo has on the Sooper doody PowerJoke..

Still, not to mention that Ford cant seem to make good use of 400HP and 800Ftlbs

Chevy has power in the high 300's and torque in the high 700's and it still out does the ford in every category, even at max tow.

And Ram makes 800Ftlbs at 1600rpm.

Top Bottom