Distracted driving

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't take a genius to figure out 175 bux is hardly worth missing a day from work, and the cost involved in trying to fight it. If it was a grand or 2 then I'd certainly fight it and gladly give them my phone records showing my last text 2 hours prior, and the one received when I got pulled over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stick it to the man bob, you need to get Perry Mason on the case.

take it in and the prsecuter will make ya a deal before ya see the judge.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take no offense to the comment Med, what I was trying to get across is the fact that they price these tickets that way for a reason, because not many will take it to court for what it's worth, that's how they fill their coffers, if the ticket price was say 1200 bucks , the courts would be full of people fighting traffic bilaws.
Obviously if you see someone with their phone held to their head while driving, it's clear cut, who's to say I wasn't reaching for my lighter , or setting my coffee cup back in the center console?
Last I checked there was only 1 camera in my truck, and it's attached to the tailgate, explain to me how someone in a little dodge charger with cherries on it following me can see through a tinted black window into the front seat of a crew cab 1 tonne, considering I couldn't see anything but his lights on the roof.
Guess because I turned my head while parked and looked at my phone, that warrants a ticket.
Anyways it is what it is, a bs call by a cocky little wiennie with a badge, city doing cleanup musta needed the money more then I did :)

No offense taken whatsoever, I am the one that asked why.
Anyways I cried it all out while mashin cheetos in my face and wiping my face with my slimy orange sleeve. i'm good now, i'm good really.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like you have a hard on for the cops and prefer to live by your version of the laws, rather than the actual laws.
Nope, if the law is for safety, only makes sense that it applies to everyone, and that it is applied with some common sense.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup , finally got pinched today. Was on my way through downtown Rd today, and was stopped at a Red light, waiting for traffic my phone buzzes with an incoming text, I picked my phone up and busted.. Jesus wish these guys would find something better to do with their time, go fine the dude actually in a forward motion with a fist full of fries in one hand, and his phone held to his head with his other. Needless to say when I said Phuck you and have a nice day, he didn't have a response. Canada... The new Nazi Germany, there are so many laws and bilaws, that the bilaws and laws have bilaws, can't park on the street in front of your own house for more then 72 hours without the vehicle moving? Like wtf, car got towed last week for it and we weren't home. So they tow it around the block and park it by a random park in front of a hydrant, and put the ticket on the windshield. We had to call it in as stolen, because we didn't know it was towed, nothing in the mailbox... Grrrr

:realmad:Wrong words, you don't have a CLUE what Nazi Germany was like, not even close.

Last edited:

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Lund I don't, hence the words the New

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost died from it myself once.... Lost control towing the travel trailer....needless to say the gf refuses now.... 

I acctually had a friend die from it in high school,,, the girl gaged grabed the wheel. They hit a pole and she bit off his,,well You know. She lived,he died. She was pretty messed up after that.

Its sad,, a tragedy he was only 16years old. But tragedy is part of LIFE and I dont need or want the government to regulate tragedies out of my life.

I used to get road head,,its been a while.Its not very safe ill admit, but that was LIVING right there,, and I wouldnt give it up for anything.

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read drinking and driving rates and convictions are up despite extra enforcement. Nothing's going to change no matter what Bylaws and laws are in place.
I'd rather have the people breaking the laws fund this stuff through fines than have higher taxes. Pretty easy, if you don't want to pay the fine, follow the rules.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Lund I don't, hence the words the New

I think we should be very greatful for where we live, lots of our relatives died for our home we have today. We definitely would not be enjoying the things we have today such as snowmobiles, atv's and fancy pickup's if we lived in a Nazi governed world and that could had been reality if our relatives would had failed.
I'm not disputing the fact that it suck's to get a ticket for using a cell phone, we all doit. But who are we to dispute the proven studies that distrated drivers are dangerous no matter what the distraction is. Enforcing the cell use is just anotherway to help us stay safe on the roads. Some things can't be enforced, such as kawking, reaching or just not paying attention(day dreaming).
I realy don't see the connection with cell phone use in a vehicle too Nazism rules, but more of a slander of our society and the one's that faught for our freedom.
I for one do not believe we live in a "New Nazi Germany".

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a figure of speech Lund, to which I was referring about some of the laws and bilaws we have, I'm not the only person that feels as though some of them are chit. Look how many folks went absolutely ape chit when they were told they had to register firearms...
Thousands
Did the law help ? Not a friggen chance , if someone wants to knee cap someone they are going to do it.
Just a lot of lame azz laws floating around to fill the coffers of The government

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely understand it was a figure of speech and yes i do agree some laws are .....well stupid, dumb, retarded...what ever. Thats what petition's and election's are all about, doing changes when you have a majority, otherwise we can't complain. A right we have that Nazi Germany did not.
The word's "Nazi" carries a very strong meaning and should because of its past history, imo, it was the wrong choice of words. Call me ANAL, i do understand it was a figure of speech but too extreme imo.
Anyhow, i'm off the subject. Ya some laws do suck but i'm for this no cell use while driving, no matter what.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have alot more in common with the NAZI party then you might think.

Where do you suppose alot of the high up NAZI's and thier scientists went after the war?

Who funded Hitlers rise to power?

nazi.jpg

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Distracted driving is distracted driving. If you're not paying attention to all aspects of the job you need to pull over until you can.

Top Bottom