Disappointed patron

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife wants to rant about our stay at the holiday inn...so here goes :rant:

First of all I do realize that there is a labour shortage, But.....
1.We had to wait in the lobby with my two small kids for 2 hours before our room was ready
2.Due to the shortage of house keepers they didn't even offer
to make our beds until after 5:00, by then I had already made the beds cleaned up the room and gotten fresh towels...my husband was already back from sledding all day and wanting to shower
3.The TV was so fuzzy that we could barely see it
4.There is no lunch served at the restaurant
5.There was no clean towels in the pool area, again my husband had to go looking for them
6.The hot tub had a disgusting scummy ring, who knows what that was!!!
7.I know I'll get some responses over this but, there really shouldn't be any beer bottles in the pool room. Broken glass and bare feet don't mix
8.Beautiful fireplace in the reception area. It would have been nice if my husband and other guests weren't the ones having to get the wood from outside and trying to find someone to get paper to start and maintain it.
9.Nice idea to have the bigscreens too. A little should have been spent teaching the staff how to turn them on!!! They weren't on at all the four days we were there
10. and for the elderly couple I talked to, it was pretty noisy late at night.

I think our money will be much better spent at another hotel next trip.
I did want to mention the great food and service at the Caribou Grill:Happy6:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly I think they cater to party harty sledders (kind of) but you are right,the service is pretty bad and seems every time I go there it gets worse.We waited for our room as well(at 4 oclock)?????????We got our own wood too but what surprised me the most,No More Shuttle...cabs only!The only real attraction to the place is the party room in the lobby even if you have to get your own wood!My biggest complait this last trip was the whole second floor of the end we were in, stunk like pot.Nothin against potheads but take it outside.I had to look twice to make sure it was a holiday inn!Mayby head back too Canoe Mountain next trip!
My Two Cents
catmando!:nono:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just pissed me off. I think I'll spend my next thousand bucks somewhere else...:thumbsdownm:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount stay

:D :D :D Staying at Canoe and everything here is very good. Hot tub clean lots of to wels in room and in hot tub area, and friendly service. Trails up in morning and back at nite are in the best shape I have seen in years. Alpine was ponded but if you searched the deep woods and valleys found 3-4 feet of good powder so it has been some good riding so far. Going to the Key today and Westridge on Tues. Great weekend so far and it just started to snow, gotta go.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, Im shocked to here the Holiday Inn has gone down hill. Ive always had great service there, but have not been there this year and wont be by the sounds of it. Is there other good hotels there as ive only stayed at the holiday inn.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've alway found the Holiday Inn to be a bit of a crap-shoot in terms of satisfaction. I've been there when maintenance and service have been very good but I have also been there when you would think you were in a hostel in Europe during the 60's. My last stay there included several of the previous issues reported in addition to a hot-tub that was not hot!!-that was a biggie for me. :mad:

D

disappointed

We stayed last weekend at the Stonehaven in - you want a great place to go - that's the one - comfortable and extreamly nice people.

The rest of Valemount can go to hell - we will never be back again - I never in my entire life see such an unfriendly bunch of people. We had some trouble while in their fine town - and there arn't many locals willing to give anyone a lending hand!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that is a big surprise to me as I'm in Valemount a lot every year and my only too complaints would be the Holiday Inn and When we eat at the loose moose(great place) I'm usually pinned before I get my food,but what the hay,before after its all good LOL!Overall I find the people quit friendly.
catmando!:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys seems alot of you are pretty disapointed in the Holiday Inn. I happen to know one of the owners personally and was wondering if it would be ok for me to show him this link. If people are upset about service and staff I would like to make a move towards fixing the problem. If you object to me shariing the info I will not. My major concern is I am a guide I work out of Jasper/Valemount and if the service is that bad I need to help get things back on the up and up for next season. Please feel free to share good and bad experiences... :rant:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You've Got My Approval Shifty423

But We Only Stayed There A Few Times (AND HAVEN'T BEEN BACK SINCE, 2 YEARS NOW), And The Service Was Very Very Slow In The Restaurant..... Took Almost 2 Hours For Breakfast, And The Tv Never Worked(fuzzy), The Hottub Was Very Foamy And Scummy(kids Wouldn't Go In) And There Were Lots Of Bottles All Around It..... I Would Say There Should Be A Container To Put "cans" In Near The Hottub, But Should Never Be Bottles In There. So There You Have It... Thanks Shifty423 -- Hope This Helps And All These Other Threads. Nice Place, Just Need Someone To Run The Place Properly( And Staff It Properly ).... Good Luck:)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be good for the owner to see the thread. You can't fix problems that no-one has told you about. If nothing else it could be an eyeopener for the staff.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree with summiteer, can't fix what you don't know. If there is a change for the better than we as a group will know that were part of the solution.
If there is no change, than people will hear about it..

I think it would be good for the owner to see the thread. You can't fix problems that no-one has told you about. If nothing else it could be an eyeopener for the staff.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One more time.....I was in Valemount last weekend and left my backpack up on the mountain on sunday ,thinking I lost it I stopped in at the Holiday Inn as well as all the other hotels to see if someone found it and returned it.The young lady at the desk gave me a bit of attitude and not much help!She seemed to be annoyed to have to look in some book to see if it had been turned in there! I wasnt staying there and dont plan on it.And as for my complaints send them in! Better yet,have the boss man register and become a member!
Rode back up the hill at 530am monday morning and believe it or not, found the back pack. Bauers Last Chance! LOL!
catmando!:shots:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Catmando, maybe bunjie cord it through your sleeves like you do your mittens.

Cheers
:D :D :D
One more time.....I was in Valemount last weekend and left my backpack up on the mountain on sunday ,thinking I lost it I stopped in at the Holiday Inn as well as all the other hotels to see if someone found it and returned it.The young lady at the desk gave me a bit of attitude and not much help!She seemed to be annoyed to have to look in some book to see if it had been turned in there! I wasnt staying there and dont plan on it.And as for my complaints send them in! Better yet,have the boss man register and become a member!
Rode back up the hill at 530am monday morning and believe it or not, found the back pack. Bauers Last Chance! LOL!
catmando!:shots:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No time to write in Sled season!Might just put something together for next sled season, save your allowance because it will be expensive!
catmando!:Cla:

Top Bottom