different responses on where to install o2 sensor

f650

Reaction score
i am getting different responses as where to install o2 sensor on pipe can someone please tell me where, its a 2010 m8 turboed sled measurement or pics also do i install possitive wire from gauge to purple wire on key switch its a kosso a/f sensor

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the wiring as I run AEM gauges. You need to install the sensor right behind the turbo into your exhaust downpipe. Set it back about 2 inches from the outlet of the turbo and if possible DON'T center it. Try and offset it just a little bit.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am getting different responses as where to install o2 sensor on pipe can someone please tell me where, its a 2010 m8 turboed sled measurement or pics also do i install possitive wire from gauge to purple wire on key switch its a kosso a/f sensor

The sensor location is supposed to be 30 cms or greater away from the cylinder. The farther away the better, the outlet tube should be fine as mentioned above. Mount it pointing down or at least on an angle above horizontal (since on most sleds there is not enough clearance to mount it perfectly up and down), this will ensure that any fluid that enters the sensor will drain out.

The Koso gauges needs DC power, not AC. I think the newer Cats have a rectifier already in them, but I'm not sure which power wire is DC (I'm assuming one of them is a accessory power take off wire - maybe this purple one) - you might have to start the sled and measure the voltage to determine if its AC or DC. The Koso gauge does not need much power - you can power them up while the sled is off using a 9V battery to make sure you have all the connections right, otherwise you will get an error code. Either way from the power end, it needs DC power. If your sled output is AC, then just get a bridge wave rectifier and wire it in (very simple). I will find the other thread where I posted how to do this.

Here is the link.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/temp-gauge-install-37597.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom