Diesel vs Gas

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure enjoyed filling up my diesel today for $1.12 vs $1.29 for gas.

I'm sure they will jack up the diesel price soon. Then the real kick to the groin will be gas will drop back down and diesel will be way higher for a long time. It seems like that is what always happens anyway.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't read through the posts for the past while, but Im kinda curious, anybody else think Rowdy gave up on this thread a long time ago?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAAAAH

breathe..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I'll let you know how it works out for local access in Fernie and the occasional trip to Revy:); please explain your breathing problem.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Payload is one thing what about brakes and axels? Everything on a 2500+ is beefier

A lot of things on the F150 Heavy Duty are also beefed up...check out the specs online. Just a couple of the things...the frame rails are 50% thicker and it has 7 lug hubs.

Not everyone needs or can afford a 3/4 or 1 ton...I threw this out there as an option for the original poster 'Rowdy'.

Here is my math on the 2,710 lb payload.

Minus 1,100 lb for two sleds
Minus 400 lb for two people
Minus 350 lb for Truck Boss sled deck

That leaves 860 lbs for Fuel, gear and tools.

I picked this truck up two weeks ago and assumed the $22,000 outstanding on the loan...the truck had 9,000 km (yes that says 9,000 km) and still has the remaining warranty and Ford Pre-paid service for 5 years and 100,000km.

2011 F150 XLT 4x4 Regular cab, long bed with Heavy Duty payload and trailer package. I don’t have any kids or dogs to haul so the regular cab works for me. An Extended cab or Crew cab has reduced payload and you might be pushing the boundaries of legality carrying two sleds.

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of things on the F150 Heavy Duty are also beefed up...check out the specs online. Just a couple of the things...the frame rails are 50% thicker and it has 7 lug hubs.

Not everyone needs or can afford a 3/4 or 1 ton...I threw this out there as an option for the original poster 'Rowdy'.

Here is my math on the 2,710 lb payload.

Minus 1,100 lb for two sleds
Minus 400 lb for two people
Minus 350 lb for Truck Boss sled deck

That leaves 860 lbs for Fuel, gear and tools.

I picked this truck up two weeks ago and assumed the $22,000 outstanding on the loan...the truck had 9,000 km (yes that says 9,000 km) and still has the remaining warranty and Ford Pre-paid service for 5 years and 100,000km.

2011 F150 XLT 4x4 Regular cab, long bed with Heavy Duty payload and trailer package. I don’t have any kids or dogs to haul so the regular cab works for me. An Extended cab or Crew cab has reduced payload and you might be pushing the boundaries of legality carrying two sleds.

I am curious what your axles scale in at full of fuel and with the driver. Also, what are the load range of the tires on it?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious what your axles scale in at full of fuel and with the driver. Also, what are the load range of the tires on it?

I have not yet weighed the axles with driver and full load of fuel.

Tires are load range E
Front GAWR is 4,050 lb
Rear GAWR is 4,800 lb
GVWR is 8,200 lb

2011 F150 XLT Heavy Duty, Reg Cab, Long Bed, 5.0 liter

Top Bottom