Decal Sticker Goo

Wranglergirl

Reaction score
Hi
If you have a local sign shop in the area you could ask them for some "rapid remover" or "citrasol" these products work great and less elbow grease
required! ( you shouldn't require much 1/4 cup to half is lots, heavy residue areas left behind blotch it with remover and let it sit for a few minutes)
I'm sure all the other home remedies work great to.
The trick is in the removal so you don't leave all the adhesive stuck to your sled. Like they said use a heat gun and heat up the decal, peal the part you warmed up, and repeat this across the whole decal, this way all the adhesive should come off with your decal and not left on your sled!
If you use any of the products though be sure to rinse your hood clean, any residue left behind will leave issues for new decals to stick to.
If your replacing them with a new decal package yourself, just a word of advice, layout and tape all your decals to your hood before you get slap happy! :beer:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A product called Metalon Spray which is similar to WD40 works great - very little elbow grease required. I bought it at MRC Midfield in Whitecourt but it may be available at Acklands or a NAPA type store also.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best adhesive remover I have ever used is Av gas...yep good 'ol 100LL. ****CAUTION****use in a well ventilated area:D

Captain Undies

Reaction score
I've used this method before as well..... however DO NOT spray the brake clean directly onto the plastics.

Brake Clean wont hurt any of the plastics if you spray it on and wipe it off. 15 yrs ago brake clean was a more harsh product ant the type of plastics were more easily damaged by chemicals etc. Use break clean and soak the hell out of everything and it wont hurt the plastic. the one that you DO have to worry about is CARB CLEANER, ...now if you wanna take all the gooo off or take the lazer print off your seat just spray on a rag and wipe it off...no elbow grease, and nothing wrecked

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used goo gone. Although I got the majority off when I peeled the sticker off. I just used a hair dryer but the key is Heat managment. Hotter ISNT always better heat it up quite a bit at first then med to low heat just working the piece where it is coming off.

Top Bottom