Dead '11 etec...help wanted!

Braaap

Reaction score
Just got down from the mountain and looking for a little help or advice on what may be the issue. The problem is on my 2011 summit 800 etec. Never had any issues with it all season until about 1/2 through the day my sled was idling then died on its on randomly. Could not get it started again after . Checked the obvious, plugs,key,kill switch all working ok. Figure it may be a fuel flow issue but unsure. After about an hour of tinkering ended up getting it running and made it 5 miles back towards the parking lot, ran rough , only pulling 7200 rpm and found out it wouldn't idle unless you play with the throttle. Couldn't get it started after and ended up having to tow out the rest of the way. Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Braaap

Reaction score
Negative, was planning on it after this season. Currently 1300 miles on it

Braaap

Reaction score
cant you just take it in for warranty or are you hoping to ride? im thinking....

Ya hoping it would be something that I missed so I could go up tomorrow but more then likely I'll be gaurding everyones trailers while suntanning in the parking lot!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend was having this issue a couple weeks ago. I turned out to be moisture in the electrical plug under the handlebar center pad. Just saying in case you havent checked those ones. Good luck.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your piston recall done.. but that doesnt seem to be the Problem. a few things i have seen at the dealer this year on the 2011 e-tecs. Reeds. sleds at lower RPMs wouldnt start and or run like crap. top they worked but not that good. but you cannot solve a problem like that over the internet. hope this helps.

Braaap

Reaction score
Taking it in today to get the recall done. Never did take the handlebar center pad off so that is a possibility. Have to see what they say. Thanks for the responses, hopefully good to go in a week!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got down from the mountain and looking for a little help or advice on what may be the issue. The problem is on my 2011 summit 800 etec. Never had any issues with it all season until about 1/2 through the day my sled was idling then died on its on randomly. Could not get it started again after . Checked the obvious, plugs,key,kill switch all working ok. Figure it may be a fuel flow issue but unsure. After about an hour of tinkering ended up getting it running and made it 5 miles back towards the parking lot, ran rough , only pulling 7200 rpm and found out it wouldn't idle unless you play with the throttle. Couldn't get it started after and ended up having to tow out the rest of the way. Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Did the sled roll while running? Had sorta the same thing happen a couple weeks ago with an 11 etech. Pull the sled over on 45 degree angle throttle side and start it see if it clears up after a min or 2. Dont know why for sure might be an airlock in the fuel system. This worked for the one in our group think that 11 had around 4800km on it. Good luck hope you sort it out.

Top Bottom