Daytime running light ticket

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake light was oFF @$$ hole why would I intenially make it HARD FOR PEOPLE TO SEE ME IT'S AN OLD TRUCK I EVEN SHOWED THE OFFICER THAT IT WAS JUST MY PARK BRAKE ACTING UP AND STILL GOT A TICKET FOR IT JUST SAYING BIGGER PRIORITIES OUT THERE THAN A DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS TICKETS

like it was also said why wasn't it on? unplugged? not working? theres another ticket and possibly a tow as unit is unsafe for the road as the brake warning light is not operational. and its kinda wierd how you knew exactly what it was that was causing the light to be off when he pulled you over. i understand there are bigger priorities out there than your drls. but there wasn't any at the time he saw you and pulled you over. good for him. we need more cops out there that pay attention to their job and the laws and start ticketing these units. the rules are there for a reason. obey the rules and you will never have an issue.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it was also said why wasn't it on? Unplugged? Not working? Theres another ticket and possibly a tow as unit is unsafe for the road as the brake warning light is not operational. And its kinda wierd how you knew exactly what it was that was causing the light to be off when he pulled you over. I understand there are bigger priorities out there than your drls. But there wasn't any at the time he saw you and pulled you over. Good for him. We need more cops out there that pay attention to their job and the laws and start ticketing these units. The rules are there for a reason. Obey the rules and you will never have an issue.

it's an old truck some days it sticks sometimes it doesn't but you say good for them we need more cops out there to pay attention well if the guy pulled me over had his lights on or drl lights on it would be no issue but when the person giving you the ticket does not have it on then that is total bs it's like them pulling you over for talking on a cell phone then them leaving and getting on there phone and talking. If cops are exempt from having drl lights on then why isn't the rest of the world exempt to it as well same as the idling law we cant idle but they can for as long as they want all i'm saying is if there gonna hand out tickets for this crap then they better damn well make sure that there vehicles atleast have there headlights turned on and try and be leaders it's pretty hypocritical on there parts to hand out tickets to people for something there vehicles are not equipped with either. aND WITH IDLING THEY LEAVE THERE CRUIZERS ON DURING SPEED TRAPS SO ALL THEY GOTTA DO IS PUT IT IN DRIVE AND GO WHEN ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS TURN THERE VEHICLES OFF WHEN SITTING IF THEY NEED TO CATCH SOMEONE TURN THE CAR ON AND GO IT ONLY TAKES ANOTHER COUPLE SECONDS TO DO THEN THEY WOULDN'T NEED TO HAVE THERE DRL LIGHTS TAKEN OUT WHEN SITTING AND WAITING BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE DOING IT LEGALLY HEY WHAT A CONCEPT FOR THEM MAYBE THEY SHOULD TRY IT OUT

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they have a bunch of electronics on the go so they may need to keep the car on to keep the power up. Those fancy computers may be a bit of a drain on the battery.

..... and they may just like leaving the car on.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it was also said why wasn't it on? unplugged? not working? theres another ticket and possibly a tow as unit is unsafe for the road as the brake warning light is not operational. and its kinda wierd how you knew exactly what it was that was causing the light to be off when he pulled you over. i understand there are bigger priorities out there than your drls. but there wasn't any at the time he saw you and pulled you over. good for him. we need more cops out there that pay attention to their job and the laws and start ticketing these units. the rules are there for a reason. obey the rules and you will never have an issue.

Oh please. Why couldn't a warning have sufficed?

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but why would someone want to drive without there drl on?Why does everyone believe this was done on purpose?? If i release my park brake slowly sometimes it stays on 1 click and there is no light on the dash but my daytime lights don't come on and this is not on an old vehicle. During the summer I just pull the release but during the winter when the pedal is full of snow and dirt I always release it slow so I don't spray that sh%& all over the vehicle and this is when my drl do not come on. I think a warning was all that was necessary.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The side glass is designed to shatter into a million pieces and fall out of the way. Now all those pieces are glued to a piece of tint...it's like running a large piece of sandpaper made of glass over your face pretty nasty. And it doesn't take a bad wreck just someone to tap you on the side for the glass to shatter

I have to disagree. The window glass is still tempered, even with tint on it it still shatters to a million pieces and is basically harmless. I actually think the tint helps as it keeps the broken pieces out of your mouth, hair and butt crack if you are in a bad wreck. When the fire dept arrives they can grab the sheet and toss it all aside and never drag the patient through the pieces when extricating.

Tempered glass is actually incredibly strong, taking more than 1000psi to break. Take a household hammer and hit the middle of a side window on a car. I bet it doesn't break. Hit the corner or edge, as that is the weak spot and it may break, but it will be hard.

I am trained as a firefighter and EMT, currently instruct vehicle extrication at a Fire College, along with fire and medical programs.

I also have tinted side windows, and have done lots of research about the subject. Window tint is legal to a certain amount here.

Sorry for jacking this thread about DRLs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's an old truck some days it sticks sometimes it doesn't but you say good for them we need more cops out there to pay attention well if the guy pulled me over had his lights on or drl lights on it would be no issue but when the person giving you the ticket does not have it on then that is total bs it's like them pulling you over for talking on a cell phone then them leaving and getting on there phone and talking. If cops are exempt from having drl lights on then why isn't the rest of the world exempt to it as well same as the idling law we cant idle but they can for as long as they want all i'm saying is if there gonna hand out tickets for this crap then they better damn well make sure that there vehicles atleast have there headlights turned on and try and be leaders it's pretty hypocritical on there parts to hand out tickets to people for something there vehicles are not equipped with either. aND WITH IDLING THEY LEAVE THERE CRUIZERS ON DURING SPEED TRAPS SO ALL THEY GOTTA DO IS PUT IT IN DRIVE AND GO WHEN ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS TURN THERE VEHICLES OFF WHEN SITTING IF THEY NEED TO CATCH SOMEONE TURN THE CAR ON AND GO IT ONLY TAKES ANOTHER COUPLE SECONDS TO DO THEN THEY WOULDN'T NEED TO HAVE THERE DRL LIGHTS TAKEN OUT WHEN SITTING AND WAITING BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE DOING IT LEGALLY HEY WHAT A CONCEPT FOR THEM MAYBE THEY SHOULD TRY IT OUT

me thinks you have issues to deal with, maybe fix the brakes or get the old pos of the road. you got what you deserve, to bad he didn' t check your brakes. to many old jalopies on the road that should be in the scrap yards.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im gonna rip the drl switch out of my car, for some reason when it was installed my lights stay on bright all the time until I actually turn my lights on, then I can turn the dims on

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's with all the @$$holes that have to leave there diesels running for over 5 minutes some arse ran his diesel next door for 2 hours price of diesel should be higher then they might find the ignition switch

more than 5 minutes? my gasser takes longer than that to warm up. usually let my dads diesel warm up for 20-30 minutes and let my truck warm up for 10-15 minutes. dont really feel like breaking anything cause its cold. definitely rather pay for a bit more diesel than pay for repairs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 8:20 am it is completly light out. That charge would be completly anal.

still a little dark out, maybe it was foggy, maybe the fine officer has already given a few warnings and nothing has been done. a fine is a little harsh, but he'll probably get it fixed as it now is in the system. and how long has he been driving this vehicle like this and not gotten it fixed. maybe get it fixed and be a lot safer for you and others on the road.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 8:20 am it is completly light out. That charge would be completly anal.

Daytime running lights are for when it's light out. If it were dark, you'd get a ticket forrunning without headlights........

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still a little dark out, maybe it was foggy, maybe the fine officer has already given a few warnings and nothing has been done. a fine is a little harsh, but he'll probably get it fixed as it now is in the system. and how long has he been driving this vehicle like this and not gotten it fixed. maybe get it fixed and be a lot safer for you and others on the road.

I was working outside in cranbrook this morning and it was definitely light out at 8 am, at 8:20 it was completely light out. Definitely anal, extremely anal not to give him at least a warning.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
K .first off I think the DRL should have been a warning..Second the widow tint.The biggest reason it is illegal is that the police can't see you from the outside ,,you may not be wearing your seat belt,if they pull you over they allways look through the side mirror to see what you look like, do you have a gun beside you? there are alot of other reasons.And some of the Chrysler Vehicles ,Dodge trucks, have now laminated side door glass as well.I had tinted windows and got nailed for it this is how i found the info.Anything behind the driver is fine.Plus YOU can't see as good .If someone had tinted windows and sideswiped the side of my 50,000 dollar truck ,and his reason was that he could not see me cause of his window tint,,,,I would remove it myself with his lower jaw.The law is the law follow it and you won't have a problem..

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol this makes me laugh....jumping on a guy for whatever the reason his DL were not on.

let yee without sin throw the first stone...or something like that.

i DARE anyone here to tell me they take a full 3 seconds count at a stop sign before entering into an intersection or similar.. in 20+ years of driving i think iv seen it less times then i have fingers. just one of thousand examples of things people do or do not do while driving

look at your own driving before pounding down someone elses door

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like he is whining about a ticket, suck it up princess you got a lousy ticket, no points, pay the fine, done deal. why come on here and blubber about a lame ticket. i have a few tickets, payed the fines, don't see me boo hooing. do the crime pay the fine. yes the cop could have given a warning but did not, so what do you want, a little cheese with that whine. sounds like he new about the lights so he didn't fix them and got a fine, man are you 10 yrs old or something. you can always take it to court and be perry mason.

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All police officer's are obligated as part of their contracts to bring in a certain amount of money each month by handing out tickets for any kind of traffic violation they can find. I have a couple buddies that quit the force because of this as in a small comm:nono:unitee it really brings out a bad moral towards peace officer's.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am GLAD to here they are pulling people over who can't be bothered to make sure their lights are on! I almost hit someone on highway 2 because they couldn't be bothered to turn on their lights in pitch dark. Maybe they would of got the message if I ran them over? It might seem a bit over the top, but how many times do you see someone driving in the middle of the night on the highway with ZERO lights. Now add the fact that they are driving 80 km/h and a bit icy highway=accident waiting to happen!

birdman1

Reaction score
I agree that it's a little ridiculous that you would get pulled over for just that, but why not just throw your lights on when driving, even in the daytime if your running lights dont always work. I know I wouldn't want some sh*tty driver piling into me when it could be prevented by something as simple as having the lights on. The whole see and be seen thing while driving is a good practice. Also, you must of pissed the local cops off because it seems that you're always in crap for something! haha

Top Bottom