Correct Jerry can and mount 05 summit

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Jerry can for my 2005 summit 800 Highmark HO. There are lots of different styles of ones out there, which is the correct one for the year and model of my sled? Plus what would I need to have it secured onto my tunnel? And can it ride on there if my heat exchangers run underneath my tunnel where the Jerry can would be sitting...Pics would be awesome! :)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the best pic I have, from my old 04 HME. I used the factory Doo one, can't remember if I rivited it or bolted it???

76113_1662043784787_26712_n.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The revs came with rails mounted the tunnel

I installed them on my xp so I could carry 2 doo Jerry cans

Has 4 hook holes a side if I recall

I could go take a pic if needed

sent while drinking tea's

OVERKILL

Reaction score
The revs came with rails mounted the tunnel

I installed them on my xp so I could carry 2 doo Jerry cans

Has 4 hook holes a side if I recall

I could go take a pic if needed

There are no rails on my tunnel at all so I'll have to figure out some other way for securing loads. A picture of your rails would be great!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that I have the whole setup from my 2007 if you need it. Jerry can, strap and the brackets that were pop-riveted on the tunnel.
Just need to double check to make sure it's all there in the box of Rev Chassis stuff I still have. I had quit using the proper strap long ago in lieu of self-retracting ratchet straps & a tunnel rack in 2012. Now the Jerry can doesn't get used any more either since I started using the Linq jerry can when I bought my 2015.

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I believe that I have the whole setup from my 2007 if you need it. Jerry can, strap and the brackets that were pop-riveted on the tunnel.
Just need to double check to make sure it's all there in the box of Rev Chassis stuff I still have. I had quit using the proper strap long ago in lieu of self-retracting ratchet straps & a tunnel rack in 2012. Now the Jerry can doesn't get used any more either since I started using the Linq jerry can when I bought my 2015.

What would you want for it?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Send me a PM if you need it - might miss responses to this thread.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's them, that I installed on my xp

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The round bumpers replace the screws in the lower plastic seat cover. The brackets are probably already there under the plastic. I had taken everything off when a bear ate my seat (another long story) and I put a Boss seat on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OVERKILL

Reaction score
WE ALSO PUT THE RAILS DOWN BOTH SIDES OF THE TUNNEL.... THESE ARE FOR A 162" TRACK ...STOCK BRP PART #

#37RH Wire Protector 518324553

#38 LH Wire Protector 518324554

My skidoo has the wire for the tail light running down the top side of the tunnel. I'd guess that means I would have to have those rails to hide the wire in to prevent jerry can sitting on top of it and squishing and wrecking it? Does the jerry can just sit between the rails then, with the rails mounted along outside I presume?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, wires go down the exhaust side if I recall

Rails mount pretty close to the outer edge of the tunnel too

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, wires go down the exhaust side if I recall

Rails mount pretty close to the outer edge of the tunnel too