Cleaning out fresh water tank.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will have to check, but is the pink rv antifreeze not a form of drinking alcohol?

Some are ethanol based like Prestone, some are salt based (the corrosive qualities of the salt are bad), and there are other "Natural" based ones too.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to take it off topic , but I have a little drip in my drain spout at the bottom of one of my fresh water tanks ... the white glue around the fitting has a slow drip . If I press on it it is a small steam .
Sooo , do I try a 2 part epoxy and see if that helps . Apparently JB weld has one that works quite well on these tanks .
Or drop the tank , ( no fun at all ) and get a new bung welded : glued in ?
Any recommendations on type of epoxy etc ...
Tia...

Glue it or silicone it. There's no real pressure. And it out side your trailer right? So even if it does fail it won't wreck the inside of your trailer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never have in the tank, used to for the lines. Use air now. Once lines are blown out, I disconnect toilet water line and leave all taps open for a week to let evaporation do it's trick. No more antifreeze, no more smells, no more tastes for this guy.
Still need it to pour down the drains in pee traps

I blow out system and blow out low point drains last

I use a chubby valve stem in the city water point

Works great

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drink mine. Run a bit of bleach through everything in the spring, drain, re-fill, drain again...good for the season. I drain tank and HWT every time the rig sits more than a day or two.

Top Bottom