Cleaning out fresh water tank.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pointers for cleaning out my fresh water tank on my camping trailer? I have the trailer home now but will be taking it to my permanent campsite in a couple of weeks.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This:

Probably a ten year supply in this container from C-Tire (goes on sale sometimes). No smell, no taste, highly effective. Have given lots away to friends and they too much prefer it.

Attachments

• Dichlor.jpg
    Dichlor.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 351

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This:

Probably a ten year supply in this container from C-Tire (goes on sale sometimes). No smell, no taste, highly effective. Have given lots away to friends and they too much prefer it.

Same stuff I use in my hot tub.

Perfect

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Would any hot tub sanitizer work? We use bromine in our hot tub. I was also planning on cleaning my TT water tank this weekend?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack a thread but, how many actually drink the water out of your trailer taps?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better question is who actually drinks water when out camping. :dontknow:

I have to. Vodka shots and beer makes for an early evening if you don't hydrate. You still ant to sanitize the tank even if you don't drink the water.. You probably use it to brush your teeth or ingest some in the shower. Hydrogen peroxide is pretty fantastic if you can get the commercial strength (35%)

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Again does Bromine work? We don't drink from our either, but I do want it safe in case the kids, or friends forget and grab a drink from it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again does Bromine work? We don't drink from our either, but I do want it safe in case the kids, or friends forget and grab a drink from it.

From what I have heard chlorine is better in case you inject it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya those hot tub pucks i hear clog up the arteries after an injection.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy stuff from Canadian tire it works good for keeping it fresh. I drain the water after every trip and clean it first rip of the year. I only make coffee with the water from the trailer. Have drank it when I ran out of bottled water. Tasted good but I never put rv antifreeze in the tank!

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chlorine will sanitize, with a couple of complete flushes after you treat it there will be no flavour. Not sure about you guys, but I'd rather go that way then drink pool water. And we do drink our water, a week boondocking means little other options.

Top Bottom