Classifieds - How do you want it handled?

How should we handle comments on Classified Ads

• I agree with Longhorn

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • I agree with Sledbunnyracing

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
In the posts below is a conversation between Longhorn and myself regarding me moderating a classified ad.
Although it started out with us being on different sides after a few PM's we realized we both had valid comments.
With that in mind we are bringing the question to you the members of the site so get your input.

This is not a cut and dry issue, but there are a couple of simple questions that need to be answered, however there is a lot of input that you may want to add that is not included in the Poll so please post your thoughts on this thread.

One part that will always be moderated is fighting and threats.

I completely agree with Longhorn that the following information should be included on all posts"

• Pics - Important as we want to 'see' what you are selling
  • Price
  • Year
  • Make
  • Model
  • Firm or OBO...if OBO dont be offended by offers

Longhorn - it's an open forum and questions and the bantering between peeps allow a potential buyer to become more educated and make a more informed decision. I would say it like this:
I feel that the entire point of an open forum is to have the chance and ability to see and hear what other members think and/or feel about the item offered. Perhaps I am interested in an item, but see 3--4 members saying that this is a good/bad price, or perhaps a good/bad year for an engine, etc, I value those comments. I agree that fighting must be moderated, but comments even though they may offend the seller at time, may possibly benefit the buyer who should also have his rights represented in these ads.

Sledbunnyracing - replies should be related to the shape of the item, age, miles etc but that your "opinion" on the shape or price etc is not needed and only stirs the pot to bring in more peeps to bash the seller. Ask yourself this question: Do I want to be hounded by peeps wanting to bash me about my ad?.
It is our desire to keep the site friendly so you will want to sell your items here. If you feel bashed you will not put your item on the site. I've had enough feedback from peeps unhappy with the bashing on ads that I would like to clean this up a bit.

***snowandmud.com the site, the owner or the moderators are not responsible for the item or payment you receive. We only facilitate a location to advertise that item. This is a buyers beware market.

longhorn said:
Well thats a lot of crap...My questions WERE legitimate...I 'WAS' interested until I got the answers, but thanks, now no one else can see them...

Only thing you said in that post that rings true is: "One persons garbage"...

So what happens now when tonight, other members have the same thoughts as those of us that posted today??

Smells to me...

sledbunnyracing said:
So I may once again opened a can of worms here but hey, what the heck.

It's regarding Classifieds. Peeps post their items for sale at a price they feel reflects the condition of their item.

Many of the reply's are useful questions and general comments. I've had some concerns raised by Peeps (not always the advertiser) regarding the Peeps who comment that the price is way out of line or the condition of the item is poor. They are posted for all to see and in some cases quite rude. Then others seem to get on board and bash the product. Most Peeps who have approached me about this feel that those comments should be made by PM so the seller and purchaser can better discuss the questions.

The main point I want your clarity on as the Peeps who use the classifieds to buy and sell is as a seller do you want someone who may have no interest in your item attacking it on the thread?

Please feel free to post your comments on this thread regarding your thoughts so I can consider all opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Re: 2011 Arctic Cat M8 HCR "Mechanics Special"

Well thats a lot of crap...My questions WERE legitimate...I 'WAS' interested until I got the answers, but thanks, now no one else can see them...

Only thing you said in that post that rings true is: "One persons garbage"...

So what happens now when tonight, other members have the same thoughts as those of us that posted today??

Smells to me...

Some were useful questions but most were just there to ruffle feathers.
So exactly where in your world does you your quoting Charlie help understand the price of the product?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Some were useful questions but most were just there to ruffle feathers.
So exactly where in your world does you your quoting Charlie help understand the price of the product?

That was in response to the win/win comment made by Mike...

Oh I forgot, we NEVER joke around on this site...cmon...

However you DID hit the nail on the head...UNDERSTAND THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT...None of us could, therefore there were many questions...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

I guess being a Mod and a sponsor allows for a lot more Illegitimate posts, and buys a certain level of protection...

Where is the protection for the buyer...You post on an open forum, you are open to ridicule...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess being a Mod and a sponsor allows for a lot more Illegitimate posts, and buys a certain level of protection...

Where is the protection for the buyer...You post on an open forum, you are open to ridicule...
valid points BUT....not a democracy here. sponshurship has it's privelages

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Wrong, this is not the first time I've posted this message.
We can close the portion of the classifieds so that no comments can be made.
All I want to do is allow the buyer to sell in peace.
So if your really interested in purchasing the item you would be on the phone with the seller or PMing the peep to get closer to a price.

The buyer - I'm not sure what to say to that.

Hang tight Longhorn, I'm starting a new post to address this question and will be moving these comment to that post shortly. I'm also going to attach a poll to it so I can get feedback from the general public.

If you have any thoughts on what should be asked on the poll just fire me off a PM so I can address adding your thoughts too.
I really want to be fair and make the Classifieds as good as possible.

Thanks Longhorn.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So I may once again opened a can of worms here but hey, what the heck.

It's regarding Classifieds. Peeps post their items for sale at a price they feel reflects the condition of their item.

Many of the reply's are useful questions and general comments. I've had some concerns raised by Peeps (not always the advertiser) regarding the Peeps who comment that the price is way out of line or the condition of the item is poor. They are posted for all to see and in some cases quite rude. Then others seem to get on board and bash the product. Most Peeps who have approached me about this feel that those comments should be made by PM so the seller and purchaser can better discuss the questions.

The main point I want your clarity on as the Peeps who use the classifieds to buy and sell is as a seller do you want someone who may have no interest in your item attacking it on the thread?

Please feel free to post your comments on this thread regarding your thoughts so I can consider all opinions.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Wrong, this is not the first time I've posted this message.
We can close the portion of the classifieds so that no comments can be made.
All I want to do is allow the buyer to sell in peace.
So if your really interested in purchasing the item you would be on the phone with the seller or PMing the peep to get closer to a price.

The buyer - I'm not sure what to say to that.

Hang tight Longhorn, I'm starting a new post to address this question and will be moving these comment to that post shortly. I'm also going to attach a poll to it so I can get feedback from the general public.

If you have any thoughts on what should be asked on the poll just fire me off a PM so I can address adding your thoughts too.
I really want to be fair and make the Classifieds as good as possible.

Thanks Longhorn.

SB...

This is the last I will say as you have asked me to shut up...unless of course you want to keep deleting all my posts...

Let the seller sell in peace...NO...

How about as a Mod here you should be protecting the users and members of this site from a seriously bad deal...If we cant ask legitimate questions regarding the advertised item, then something is wrong here...

It was the ANSWERS to those questions that started the chit-show...Not the questions...

Sorry, I just had to add this...I dont like being censored, and wont stand for it when there are so many worthless threads on this site that are allowed. For once lets stand up for the little guys that is gonna get screwed on this...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
It all was working FINE until you started deleting posts today...now people are upset...

Everyone has been good about posting in classifieds...Cyle for example has a truck for sale, many of us have posted comments regarding price and other ideas...Cyle didnt blow a gasket over it...

Another dude has a dirty quad for sale...W2R suggested washing it...guess what, clean pic appeared next...

It works FINE the way it is...If you HOWEVER post a chitty deal, expect to hear about it!!

Those are MY thoughts...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm back and forth kind of hides what maybe a few want to know. if the seller has nothing to hide, why wouldn't they want any info kept on the down low privately in pm's? if you post it, you should be ready to answer questions

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with longhorn here it should be an open forum. If that model year had a bad engine or if that was the quad that was sank and never properly repaired etc etc. I want to know about it before buying. The seller should only be selling stuff that is worth buying, after all we dont want to give S&M a bad reputation for selling junk. If people have junk to sell take it to craigslist where it belongs but if it is a good machine and no major problems to the sellers knowledge then its good to advertise on S&M. I dont see why a seller would get pissed if he is actually trying to sell something worth while in good operating condition and has nothing to hide.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
so if I advertize the wifes 99 summit 670x @ $4700 I'll be made fun of??????

friggin bullies....

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a tuff call,I agree you put something in a public forum you have to expect some tuff questoins but if someone goes on your add to badmouth your product just because there brothers step uncle had one and it was ch!t is not right either,legit ? ok but bashing a guys item just because you dont like it is not OK,if you dont like said item you dont have to look or buy it so just leave it alone.Im sure someone has something bad to say about everything for sale in the classafieds but thats personal opinion,leave that bashin out of it unless you no and can prove that that actual item has a problem not disclosed by the seller.thats my thought on that.:d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all was working FINE until you started deleting posts today...now people are upset...

Everyone has been good about posting in classifieds...Cyle for example has a truck for sale, many of us have posted comments regarding price and other ideas...Cyle didnt blow a gasket over it...

Another dude has a dirty quad for sale...W2R suggested washing it...guess what, clean pic appeared next...

It works FINE the way it is...If you HOWEVER post a chitty deal, expect to hear about it!!

Those are MY thoughts...

I was suggesting he would have a much greater chance selling the quad if he washed it and brought it up to its best possible condition. Me saying it "looked like ch!t" was a bit blunt and I understand why it was deleted. Still bothers me that his kijiji Ad still has a dirty ass picture of a quad, like give your head a shake.

I like Longhorn, but I don't see the point in giving the Moderators a hard time. They are doing what they feel is in there best judgement on their OWN time.

Top Bottom